Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Goodbye RX450h - Hello RX450h

Well the deed has been done said goodbye to my 2011 Rx450h Se-I and then hello to my new 2017 RX450h Luxury

First Impressions of it are very good apart from I preferred the mirrors of the old one.

Front Small.jpg

Rear Small.jpg

Side Small.jpg

Inside Front Small.jpg

Inside Rear Small.jpg

Dash Small.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, it does look good and first registration was March 2017 so still the lower tax amount of £115 a year.

Was also surprised that there was no difference at all for my insurance even though this is around 3 times the value.

• Like 4

I've just come back from Scotland to Gloucester in mine. On Tuesday in all the bad weather I travelled the 205 miles from Masham in Yorkshire. Drove at 70mph on cruise most of the way fully laden. Filled up in Masham and then in Gloucester. My average mpg was 38.07mpg.

Very impressed so with your car being similar age you can look forward to great economy 

• Like 2

Great looking car, especially I think in darker colours. Out of interest, did you consider a slightly newer NX at the same price point? 

Impressed by how many RX450h owners get fuel economy close to or matching us NX owners. Does make me wonder whether the NX powertrain is as efficient as it should be.

10 minutes ago, Martin J said:

Great looking car, especially I think in darker colours. Out of interest, did you consider a slightly newer NX at the same price point? 

Impressed by how many RX450h owners get fuel economy close to or matching us NX owners. Does make me wonder whether the NX powertrain is as efficient as it should be.

Actually, no I did not consider the NX.

I prefer the size of the RX for all my camping equipment... and the engine in the RX to enjoy when wanted.

I used to average around 29mpg in my 2011 RX450h but did not hang around in it .. got around 38mpg on longer journeys and once got 47mpg on a 17 mile run into work drafting a lorry up the motorway.

So far since last night have averaged 33mpg in this 2017 so pleased with that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Martin J said:

The NX has poor economy compared to what is possible, the engine is too old and not even up to the performance/economy of the superior but almost identical IS300h engine. Shame the NX didn't get the latest Rav4/ES300h engine at facelift but looks like we have to wait until the new generation of NX to get a modern engine and a current generation of hybrid system.

Size and price aside, the RX is in a different league to the NX in terms of power & refinement and has virtually the same economy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just spotted my 2011 RX450h that I part exchanged last month on Autotrader.

Teesside Lexus sold it to the trade and its turned up in Surrey in a garage called Newlands.

I got around £9000 part ex for it and Newlands have it up for £11495 which is about what I would expect... hope the next owner is as happy with it as I was.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, flookyk said:

Just spotted my 2011 RX450h that I part exchanged last month on Autotrader.

Teesside Lexus sold it to the trade and its turned up in Surrey in a garage called Newlands.

I got around £9000 part ex for it and Newlands have it up for £11495 which is about what I would expect... hope the next owner is as happy with it as I was.

Thanks Keith. Reg No. to help Members to identify it please ?

4 minutes ago, flookyk said:

VF11 JJZ

Found it. Might actually consider it, have You got any pictures please? Dealer hasn't posted any yet. I have a deposit paid for facelifted 2012/13 model but the experience of buying it has not been the best so far...

I do prefer the smaller grille of the earlier models to the overblown one on the 4th Gen.  But beauty in the eyes of the beholder. Best looking SUV I think is the Stelvio.  The Quadrifoglio version must be one of the fastest ICE too if you are in a hurry.  Question is how they will stand up over time.

• Like 1

my only gripe with the latest gen, and with most current model cars in general, is the screen position. to me it looks like a last minute addition and someone has just slotted an iPad in the dashboard. 

1 hour ago, ChrisM said:

my only gripe with the latest gen, and with most current model cars in general, is the screen position. to me it looks like a last minute addition and someone has just slotted an iPad in the dashboard. 

After owning this newer one for around a month now I actually like both the position of it and especially the size, makes thing much easier to read then the ones that are buried low down with small screens.

I love the way you can have the seats linked to the Climate Control to automatically put heat or cooling of the seats on depending on the temp settings of the climate control.

The only thing I miss, so far, from my 2011 is the 6 disc CD system on it (I guess I am old fashioned in I like my CD's rather than MP3)

Yet to drive it late at night to see if the auto dip main beams work effectively or not.

The only other downside of this 2017 is the lack of much choice of tyres for it (especially All Season ones) because of the sizes.

Well, Newlands has not had it long .. it now has SOLD on their website a week later.

Maybe the new owner will find us here and join (although they might already be a member)

3 minutes ago, flookyk said:

Well, Newlands has not had it long .. it now has SOLD on their website a week later.

Maybe the new owner will find us here and join (although they might already be a member)

Teeside------Surrey------------Sold, in less than 4 weeks.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Teeside------Surrey------------Sold, in less than 4 weeks.

I part exchanged it on 27th August then Teesside Lexus sold it to Newlands around 18th Sept.

I spotted it on Newlands site on 23rd Sept, now sold yesterday 1st Oct.

Shows how the name Lexus is respected.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, flookyk said:

I part exchanged it on 27th August then Teesside Lexus sold it to Newlands around 18th Sept.

I spotted it on Newlands site on 23rd Sept, now sold yesterday 1st Oct.

Shows how the name Lexus is respected.

And how well you looked after it Keith ?

We might be getting a new member on here.

I had emailed the dealer to see if was OK putting the link to their site with my old RX450h they had for sale.

They said no problem and are going to give the new owner details of this owners club when the new owner pick it up from them

• Like 3