Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Leaking sunroof RX 300

hi all

My sunroof leaks 

Seals seem to be OK but when it rains the area at front of where the sunroof sits fills right up with water ....so when i pull of in the morning,  non the wiser I get a pint of water sloshing over me .....any ideas??

Thanks

Edited by Jonbooker44

It sounds like the drains are blocked. The seal around the roof should be watertight but doesn't have to be as any water coming in should fall into the channel and drain away. There are four drains, one in each corner. Open the sunroof and pour some water into the channel near each drain hole to make sure it runs away. The water comes out under the vehicle, just behind the front wheels/ in front of the rear wheels. They tend to get blocked at the exit as road dirty gets into the pipes.

1980999481_Screenshot2020-08-28at20_20_24.thumb.png.e1c11c754b361155c013701c08574390.png

This video shows you the drain holes and where the water comes out. Be careful it you blow out the pipes as shown in this video, if you have too much pressure you could blow the pipe off the connector and then you have to remove the headlining to get it back on again.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links