Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls400 Series 1,2 Or 3 Required For Filming

SORRY GUYS

But i lost at the Top Dog filming yesterday to a jaguar show car even if the owner said it was a everyday run about but it was a close thing

Looking forward to the Track Day on Monday

My car ready to go in

They even unrapped the car when it arrived

Jaguar show car

He owned a garage and body shop and came with an employee to clean the car

while he drove this

His car

Anyway had a great time and wouldn't have missed it for the world just got to find out when it's on the telly

Another car waiting to go in

Cheers

Andy

Yes i did Pete everyone on the crew loved the car even the Director

wanted to buy it off me and he might even have a look at the LOC site when he's a spare five minutes as he loves this type of car

One of the panel slated my car calling it a Grandad's car but this might of been due to me holding the presenters Penny Mallory's hand for a bit as it was her husband that was on the panel that said it

Anyway they picked the Jag cos it was in mint condition

More pic's to come from Monday hope it's not raining

Andy

Wish i'd kept an eye on the post now as i would of come with you to give you support...........you and Penny holding hands,whats all that about then,do you know her :blush::whistling:

Anyway it sounded like a lot of fun and a good day.

What was involved for the judging of the 2 cars,was it 0 - 60, style, handling, running cost and so on?

Your car looked good in the pics too!!

Hi All

Just finished cleaning the car as many of you would have done today with it being nice

it gets locked away now ready for the filming next week

what do you think will it pass the test

My car

great picture; well polished dark green always looks good - although mine's been re-sprayed and oven baked, because it's the original silver colour, it'll never look as good as yours!

i see you've got clear lights; i have the front bumper ones, but where can i get the indicator side repeaters from?

Hi All

I'm going to ask on Monday if i get a copy and when it'll be on the tele and will let you all know

and Greybeard i got the side repeaters from the local car shop cost me £15 and should have been for a Golf just had to make a couple of fixing brackets to make them fit

Andy

Hi All

Just got back from the second day of filming with Men and Motors for the Top Dog

program and i'm really knackered with all the driving to and from home and film sets and then Gaydon ( which was great day in itself )

But today was at the race track and what a day it was the track was dry and the sun was out and spent a couple of hours driving round the track following a van with a camera in it

Then sat watching a group of 15 ford rs focus's doing time trial's down the long stretch and a new Bentley doing doughnuts on the other side of the track

Then we had a chance of going round the track by ourselves and i took the opportunity of doing a time trail myself down the long straight and was timed at 143 mph and there was a lot left but bottled out as corner at the end of the runway was appoaching very fast

But all in all i really really enjoyed myself on both day's and i'm not bothered how it all turned out or if people don't like it when they see it but i enjoyed myself and got my pride and joy and my ugly mug on the tele and wouldn't have missed it for the world

They are going to let me know in advance when its on so when i know i'll let you all know

Cheers

Andy ( aka the film star as Steve kept on calling me on sunday ) :D :D

• 5 weeks later...

Hi All

Just had an E-Mail today to say that the programme is going to be shown on

26 MAY 2004

This is a wednesday at 9 o clock on Men and Motors the programme is Top Dog if you missed it in previous posts

i checked this time and date on there web site and they are right so watch if you haven't a weak stomach

and i will remind you closer to the day as a few of you forget things easily naming no names ( pete )

Cheers

Andy

Sky? Cable? blimey, we only get channel four when the wind's in the right direction!

i'll have to get a rich friend to video it, then borrow a player, put water in the steam generator, wait for the valves to warm up, then sit down on our utility furniture (ask your dad!), and watch it on our B & W 9" bush!

• 4 weeks later...

hey... colin.. could you record this please mate?? i would be interested in the bit with the lex... then I can upload to gold?

Please say yes? :D

well done Andy

youre famous now :D

think that the critics made some good points, except their final judgement

vote lexus anyday

he did have a fancy pair of driving gloves though :sick:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links