Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Did a big 80,000 service today on my 2002 430. As with last year the 10,000 mile air filter was pretty bad (or is it me). Most literature says 30,000 miles for an air filter, yet mine (in Suffolk) seem always to be dirty at the next service. Is it that these Genuine Denso filters do do such a good job that they get dirty, or 8 big cylinders suck in a huge amount of air?

My thinking is I spend about £1,800 a year on fuel at at £32 the filter is only 1.72% of the fuel cost. If a new filter gives 1-2% better fuel economy, it pays for itself. Crude numbers but that's the thinking.

How often do others replace theirs?

P1040848.JPG

P1040847.JPG

41 minutes ago, MLW said:

As with last year the 10,000 mile air filter was pretty bad (or is it me).

no it's not you

I used to change mine every two years 20/30k miles but these past few years its just NEEDED changing every year

guess more pollution around than ever before

trouble is all these people with inconsiderate 4ltr+ engines  :yahoo:

Malc

When I got my Mark 4 I dispensed with the lexus filter and put in a K&N for life they cost around £80 but every 30k just swill them through with parrafin.

and they will last for the life of the car.

When you use washable filters which need to be sprayed with some kind of oil every time, there is a possibility that this oil forms a film on the mass air flow sensor, thereby causing it to read  wrongly the amount of air entering the engine.

It is worth checking and cleaning the maf more often for peak engine performance and fuel economy.

I use Vic air filters, OEM to japanese cars and change it at the annual service,  about 5000 miles. I live abroad and there is a lot of dust especially in the summer.

Chris.

• Like 1

I change the filters myself, oil at the garage every 3-5000 miles depending on how the car's been driven. If lots of long trips I push it out to 5000, but most of the year I tend to do short journeys so change the oil sooner.

My LS400 gets an annual change. Crosland this year. 

But I like Mann - just fitted Mann oil filter to eldest son's CLK350. They are getting pricey - made in Germany.

I've a Denso cabin filter to fit - Denso is good and does a lot of OE for Lexus across many parts lines.

🙂

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links