Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Selling ES Takumi

VinnyB

Hi all i am thinking of selling my ES takumi with 25k on clock sonic white one of the first in uk with a service Paid and included + dash cam +winter mates front and boot any takers 

Vince if you are looking to sell it give Quality Cars of Sheffield a call and ask for Ryan Nelson the owner on 07414 905001 or 07701  048784.   I traded my 2017 Jaguar XE  for a 2012 Lexus GS450h in 2018, my first Hybrid.   He knows his stuff and he might just buy it off you for stock.    Just have a look at his website if you want to see the sort of stock he has, from exotic to more regular makes.    He is a real car enthusiast and would make you a real offer if you decide not to trade in.   

Sorry to hear you are giving up your ES

Steve (Leeds)

• Like 1

Thanks steve 

i have just this morning told volvo i am not having a volvo bit too old man for me even though i am old man lol 👴

i love the ES but want awd and cant afford the LS otherwise i would stick with lexus been looking at BMW xdrive but also want all the toys ES has lol, i know i am asking a lot 

4 hours ago, VinnyB said:

Thanks steve 

i have just this morning told volvo i am not having a volvo bit too old man for me even though i am old man lol 👴

i love the ES but want awd and cant afford the LS otherwise i would stick with lexus been looking at BMW xdrive but also want all the toys ES has lol, i know i am asking a lot 

Yes, Vince........you are asking for your youth back.....and it aint comin !

• Haha 1

I am currently driving a Volvo V60 T5 and before that drove an XC40 for a couple of months until i parked it on its roof on the highway.... All cliches are true, Volvos are very safe cars indeed! Good cars and full of kit but it aint a Lexus. Volvos are a bit rough, agricultural. heavy feeling cars and especially the new Geely cars are not without faults.  For me Lexus is smoother, better finished and put together, higher quality materials and somehow has a more emotional appeal. I never sit in my Volvo admiring the interior or the way the glovebox opens and closes ( a bit nerdy but no joke!). I never look back when walking away and although the Volvo is a safe practical car i just dont feel attached to it. So, in that aspect Vince i do understand you!.

• Like 2

Yes, you are wise to stick with the ES.
I don't really see what practical advantage AWD would bring; indeed, tbh, I'm not sure why they're doing it. It's a perfectly fine driving car FWD; FWD is much improved generally which is why all manufacturers (even BMW) are moving in that direction.

I had four Volvos from 2000 to 2013 and do really like them - they're certainly where I would go back to if I left Toyota/Lexus and they have always been underrated in reviews (if anyone is looking for a cheap, used, well equipped executive car the Volvo S80 cannot be overlooked, for example). However, I do take the general point that they are not quite the same quality-wise and reliability-wise.

I'm curious; why the need for all-wheel drive? I know people sometimes want it because of a perception that it helps in the snow, but the fact is that an ES with good winter tyres will stop, go, and turn far better than any AWD vehicle on all-seasons. I've road-tripped through snowy Germany in an MX-5 on winter tyres, zero drama.

Not judging, of course, just genuinely curious... 🙂

Nick

• Like 1

AWD will eliminate the pulling sensation on the front wheels and torque steer. It is a more relaxed feeling and if no RWD available it can feel better than FWD. It adds weight however and the limited power of the car does not need it. ( and im not sure if it is full AWD or and assist system that adds power to the rear wheels in case of slip).

anyway, its a personal choice ( except when living in Switzerland !) 

It's from Which? so cannot link as you need a subscription to view.

As a summary, across both 0-3 and 3-8 year old vehicles. 1 - Lexus, 2 - Toyota, 29 - Telsa, 30 - Land Rover.

Best 0-3 cars, Lexus CT first and Lexus NX second. Worst are LR Discovery sport, second worst LR Range Rover sport.

XC90 (3-8 years old, current generation) within the last 12 month there was a 74% fault rate and 15.8% breakdown rate. Doesn't seem to be a single issue causing the problems as they list issues with emission control, cooling, turbo, door handles, suspension, locks, interior trim. As a comparison Lexus 3 to 8 year old NXs have 15% fault and 2% breakdown rates.

14 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

It's from Which? so cannot link as you need a subscription to view.

As a summary, across both 0-3 and 3-8 year old vehicles. 1 - Lexus, 2 - Toyota, 29 - Telsa, 30 - Land Rover.

Best 0-3 cars, Lexus CT first and Lexus NX second. Worst are LR Discovery sport, second worst LR Range Rover sport.

XC90 (3-8 years old, current generation) within the last 12 month there was a 74% fault rate and 15.8% breakdown rate. Doesn't seem to be a single issue causing the problems as they list issues with emission control, cooling, turbo, door handles, suspension, locks, interior trim. As a comparison Lexus 3 to 8 year old NXs have 15% fault and 2% breakdown rates.

Many thanks Colin-most informative.

Didnt know it was that bad. The more powerful versions are pretty complicated machines i would never buy privately or drive without warranty. 

4 cylinder petrol with turbocharger and supercharger connected to plug in EV. and some 400hp.   nice when new but after 6 years?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links