Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

is200 conked out and wont start up again

Hiya, i had this on my old IS200, the security light just flashes and the car just cranks and cranks but doesn't turn over. 

I think the way I sorted this was to disconnected the Battery and leave for half hour. Reconnect the Battery and try cranking the car over again. I done this and my car started. I hope you have luck doing the same. 

On 9/1/2020 at 8:42 PM, Dean1309 said:

Hiya, i had this on my old IS200, the security light just flashes and the car just cranks and cranks but doesn't turn over. 

I think the way I sorted this was to disconnected the battery and leave for half hour. Reconnect the battery and try cranking the car over again. I done this and my car started. I hope you have luck doing the same. 

On 9/1/2020 at 9:11 PM, ColinBarber said:

Yes, if the security lights doesn't go out you are wasting your time cranking the engine - it will not fire.

On 9/1/2020 at 8:42 PM, Dean1309 said:

I think the way I sorted this was to disconnected the battery and leave for half hour. Reconnect the battery and try cranking the car over again. I done this and my car started. I hope you have luck doing the same. 

***UPDATE SOLVED***: So i initially thought it was fuel cut off switch, it wasn't. Then i noticed that on my dashboard the security light was still flashing even when i was inside the car and the key was in the ignition. After looking at every possible problem that it could be, it ended up being down to a tiny yellow(20) fuse in the fuse box, changed it over and the security light went off and the car started up. < (This had me nearly tearing my hair out) THANK GOD. Thanks everyone anyway.

• Like 1