Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

is there a fuel kill switch anywhere on a is200?

1 hour ago, NemesisUK said:

Many cars have an inversion sensor that shuts off the fuel flow. If the car rolls or is hit sufficiently hard it will activate and stop the fuel pump.

No idea where it might be located

I appreciate that but when he was specifically asking the location of a fuel cut-off switch I was immediately reminded of being behind buses where there's often a notice 'Fuel cut-off switch under flap' or something like that. In other words, a manually-operated cut-off rather than a safety device that operates automatically.

I was behind a bus at traffic lights this afternoon which is probably what prompted my thoughts, although I now think it more likely that I've got the wrong end of the stick.

• Like 1

***UPDATE SOLVED***: Reason i asked was that my car conked out when i went over a speed bump and wouldn't start back up again.. so i initially thought it was fuel cut off switch, it wasn't. Then i noticed that on my dashboard the security light was still flashing even when i was inside the car and the key was in the ignition. After looking at every possible problem that it could be, it ended up being down to a tiny yellow(20) fuse in the fuse box, changed it over and the security light went off and the car started up. < (This had me nearly tearing my hair out) THANK GOD. Thanks everyone anyway. 👍

• Like 1