Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is radiator on lexus is200 sport and is200 the same?

I have a question is lexus is200 sport and is200 radiators are same?

because i have leak i went to my friend mechanic to change the radiator and we ordered a lexus is200 radiator it came thinner and the fan shroud doesn't align with the screw holes, the old radiator is the same width like the is300 can it be the sport model had a radiator from is300? or just was after market?

because the as i checked the is200 and is300 has the same lenght and height as the radiator just the width is diffrent.

so the final question is the is200 sport radiator is wider or exlusive to the sport model only?

Apart from the LSD rear differential and lower suspension the sport is mechanically identical to the other IS200s.

There are two core thicknesses for the IS200 manual, either 16mm or 27mm. They seem to be interchangeable.

The IS200 automatic as a different rad mainly because it has the transmission oil cooler build in.

The IS300 is different. The fan shroud is different, the top hose position is different. The bottom supports are in different positions.

Not sure why the change - possibly to save money as the thiner one is cheaper but there doesn't seem to date when it changed over - just possibly two different suppliers and they just used whichever one was in stock in the factory. From previous discussions on these forums it seems Lexus dealers will normally just advise owners to go for the thinner one as a replacement.

All third party replacements are the thiner type.