Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Return of the ISF - 2021

Other reports suggest it with be called the IS 500 rather than an IS F.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/33539/2021-lexus-is-500-will-get-lexus-last-naturally-aspirated-v8-report

Very unlikely to come to the UK considering the standard IS is now dropped from the range. 

I would like to get one when they are a few years old, as I had to replace my 2012 Isf with an RCF recently but I really wanted a 4 door.. Can't get a GSF very easily as they are sold before you get chance to view or they are too high mileage, and plus the GSF is just not a very good looking at the rear end or side view. Shame they ever stopped the Isf in the first place and that there was never an F replacement in the IS range. I still cannot work out the logic to this.

1 hour ago, Jez. W said:

I would like to get one when they are a few years old, as I had to replace my 2012 Isf with an RCF recently but I really wanted a 4 door.. Can't get a GSF very easily as they are sold before you get chance to view or they are too high mileage, and plus the GSF is just not a very good looking at the rear end or side view. Shame they ever stopped the Isf in the first place and that there was never an F replacement in the IS range. I still cannot work out the logic to this.

Just very little demand.

Gotta be honest, I don't like it.

The facelifted (2017+) version of the current (2013-2020) IS F-Sport looks way nicer.  And if the reports are true that it will be used as a last hurrah for the 2UR-GSE that that's a definite nope, not paying that much money for a car with the same engine and worse satnav, that was the whole reason I didn't buy the RC-F and the RC-F looks better than this lol.  It should use the 3.5L TT from the LS460 or the hybrid one from the LC500h (pref the TT).

2 hours ago, C.B said:

Is there any more truth in this than the last 6 times its been fake news??

From what I’ve heard online , it will be called the IS500 and will be available in the US and Japan, but not the UK.  

From what I’ve heard online , it will be called the IS500 and will be available in the US and Japan, but not the UK.  
At least that means there will be a rhd version of it to import some day.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, C.B said:

Is there any more truth in this than the last 6 times its been fake news??

And there is me, thinking to myself for the last 10 years, "I told you so".

Lexus don't make cars for fans! Buyers only.

If it is profitable, we will see it. If not, carry on dreaming!

• Like 1

And there is me, thinking to myself for the last 10 years, "I told you so".
Lexus don't make cars for fans! Buyers only.
If it is profitable, we will see it. If not, carry on dreaming!
Toyota seem to have turned a major corner in the past 3 years and are making proper sports cars again. Maybe lexus will pick up some of that inspiration.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk