Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Annual Service and Hybrid Health Check

My GS450h had its 100,000 miles service and Annual Hybrid Battery Health Check and M.O.T. yesterday.(62,000 miles on odometer)

Car was collected and returned to me by Lexus Chester in pristine condition.

100,000 service completed satisfactorily and no other action required.

Hybrid check was passed and only documentation given to me was a Certificate.No information contained on the reverse.

M.O.T. Pass Certificate passed to me with no Advisories.

A very pleasant outcome.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, johnatg said:

Did you use the 'Essential care' version or the regular service?

John, When I bought the car from them I took out a 10 year Service Plan at £34 per month fixed, so it was the regular service.

Turns out to have been a good decision for me.

• Like 2

Indeed - that sounds pretty good - I don't know if you actually save money on that basis or if it just spreads the pain! Is the quoted price 'all-in' or do you have to pay extra for oil, filters, etc?

Here's the reason I asked.

My car is coming up to 6 years old and has done 41K. I need a service early in October. The 'recommended' service is a full 6 year one - costs £655. An 'Essential Care' service is £415. I discussed this with my local dealer back in May for complicated reasons I won't go in to here. But the difference is they don't change the plugs on the Essential - that's the only difference - £240! Now a) I don't consider that you need to change the plugs at 41K miles, even if they are 6 years old and b) 4 plugs for a GS300h cost £55 - they are all accessible - no plenum chambers or anything to remove - just a bolt for the coil and you're straight on to the plug - I can do it myself in 10 minutes tops per plug. So I'll be doing that at 60K miles or thereabouts.

You can buy an Essential Care service plan - includes a major and a minor for £4 more than paying for those two services separately when they arise. Then of course they want to do the MoT for £14 more than my trusty local garage. (Which I use for Mots for various vehicles at least 4 times a year and in the last ten years have only had two failures - once for a misaligned headlight aim and once for a loose brake bleed screw). The Lexus will be Mot'd there in a couple of weeks time.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links