Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuse box in passenger footwell

Can anyone assist me? Regarding the internal fuse box located the back of the glove box in the NX 300h, what type of fuses are they? I’ve read some say mini, some low profile and some even standard. This is confusing. I intend to install a dash cam and need to know. I’ve located the fuse box but not opened it yet.

Its a 2019 model

thanks

2 hours ago, Yorkwolf said:

I’ve located the fuse box but not opened it yet.

Then the best way to find out is to get on and open it, pull one out and then do a Google image search for automotive blade fuses to compare it to.

They're Low Profile Mini fuses. I had the same issue installing my Nextbase dash cam. If you're also doing a Nextbase cam, you will need that type of tap with your installation kit. You can get them free from Nextbase but they don't come with the kit. 

• 4 months later...
33 minutes ago, johnmcu said:

Can you tell me which fuse number did you use for the dashcam?

What does it piggyback on?

You can use any fuse that only has power on it when the car is in READY mode (ignition on).

6 hours ago, johnmcu said:

That would be super Steve. I am new to Lexus NX ownership, so it is the first tasks I want to undertake.

Hi John, I used the 5A ACC fuse to piggy back onto, on the "lid diagram" it's bottom right but one. Note that the lid will no longer fit on once you've piggy-backed, so just keep it somewhere safe, preferably in the car! HTH

• Like 1

4 hours ago, johnmcu said:

That is super, I will look at tackling over the weekend. Need to pick up my 5a fuse first

? - the fuse is already in the car, and everything else is in the fitting kit...? I assume you have the Series 2 hardware kit and the  Low Profile Mini Fuse tap which you have to ask Nextbase for as it's not in the kit. It's free but make sure you ask them for it. I see I said all this before. Sorry! 🙄

https://www.nextbase.com/en-gb/accessories/series-2-hardwire-kit/

hi Steve, I was looking to move my Transcend camera into the car, and I have a new hardwire power cable to connect to this. I need to source a fuse tap as it doesn't with the kit. MY local motor factors have them in stock, just wanted to know which fuse position is best to use and that is only on when the car is on - don't want it draining the Battery

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Quick update from the install.

I have added photos to help understand the install. I used the P/Outlet No. 2 in the fuse box as it turns off with the key.

Very easy to run and hide the cable, I have included a photo at top of screen before I push it in to hide it.

20210221_152942.jpg

20210221_153005.jpg

20210221_154819.jpg

20210221_154632.jpg

20210228_163048.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links