Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another job done today.

This morning I fitted my new front upper control arms, that's everything up front replaced now and I would say it feels better than it ever did.  A fairly easy job on the LS430, about an hour each side, although in hindsight I should have done it at the same time as the suspension!

IMG_20200905_101351995.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

Looks like you got it looking and riding perfectly phil - lets hope no more niggly problems crop up - these cars are so silent that even your hands rubbing on the steering starts to get annoying 😃

It's also good to know I can't have any future air suspension problems!  I'd recommend anyone with air problems to do the same.  I see Rockauto are now selling complete Monroe coil struts ready to fit, £118 each for the front, although I'm not sure if they have rears yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisermark said:

I think I would like to try something else in the near future - been driving cars of this era for a long time - perhaps a Mercedes C class 15/16 - I think Lexus are a bit behind tech wise

You'd miss having a Lexus, I know, I've tried it!  Mercedes seem to suffer with various electrical gremlins.

12 hours ago, steve2006 said:

Just looking at the picture Phil....very clean in that wheel arch ....is it leaving the showroom soon 😀

For some reason the wheel arches always seem very clean, but I never clean them.  One of the advantages of an import that I've discovered doing all this work is not a single bolt or nut has been hard to remove due to rust or being seized.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2020 at 3:45 PM, cruisermark said:

I think I would like to try something else in the near future - been driving cars of this era for a long time - perhaps a Mercedes C class 15/16 - I think Lexus are a bit behind tech wise

I had an S Class Mercedes 12 years ago. It was the most unreliable and poorly built car I've ever owned in 55 years of motoring. But when everything was working right, it was the best long distance journey car I've ever driven. The problem was there were only two weeks when everything was working right in the two years I had it!

Things haven't changed, Lexus have just been voted the most reliable cars by Which readers.

The current reliability ratings for breakdown costs which give a score of 100 to the average car, rate the Lexus LS at 79, (21% cheaper than the average car). Compare that to the Mercedes S Class which has a rating of 345!

If you do get a Merc let us know how you get on, but don't say you haven't been warned.

John N

• Like 1

On 9/5/2020 at 1:41 PM, The-Acre said:

I fitted my new front upper control arms,

they look very silvery, is that the colour paint or ???

my new one's OEM were Toyota in black from Amayama a few years back

Malc

8 hours ago, Malc said:

they look very silvery, is that the colour paint or ???

my new one's OEM were Toyota in black from Amayama a few years back

Malc

The silver colour is the alloy which is the same as the originals, sadly I even weighed them and they were the same!