Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LC500 Soft Top

malcolmw

20 hours ago, malcolmw said:

Dear Kevin,

Regarding the offer to reserve a convertible, I think it was from Lexus UK HQ. I have deleted the message now so I can't be sure.

I am sorry to hear abut your wife. Co-incidentally, my wife also had MS (of the primary progressive variety) and was very severely disabled by the time of her death in 2001. I understand how difficult it is to handle this type of situation so you have my best wishes.

Malcolm  

Dear Malcolm,

Thanks for your kind words regarding my wife. I have sent you a message.

Kevin

1 hour ago, Kevin Williams said:

Hello Chris,

Its great to hear from a Forum member that has driven a convertible...! You are the first...! 

savagegeese does several youtube reviews of cars. He has done a 44 minutes review of the Coupe, and a 14 minute review of the Convertible...

@ 8 minutes he comments about how much nicer the ride is in the convertible...

He says that anyone with a severe case of haemorrhiods, the convertible will be your dream car...!

Fortunately, I don't have haemorrhiods, but I am still going to buy a convertible...!

Did you find the ride any different / better than your coupe...?

Thanks for the best wishes to my wife...

I will let you know when I have the convertible...

Kevin 

Hi Kevin

Yes the ride did seem a bit softer, but i think they have changed the suspension set up  from the 2018 model, I drove a 2020 model and that also seemed to be softer, about the same as the convertible.

18 minutes ago, wendle said:

Hi Kevin

Yes the ride did seem a bit softer, but i think they have changed the suspension set up  from the 2018 model, I drove a 2020 model and that also seemed to be softer, about the same as the convertible.

Hello Chris,

Yes, I think savagegeese said in one of his reviews, that the suspension had also been changed in the 2020 coupe, and was better.

I am enjoying my 2018 coupe. The rear wheel steering is noticeable, and the ride is very nice... and the noise is terrific...! 

I look forward to March. Hopefully my Lexus Link will soon show that it's being built...!

What's your thoughts having seen the youtube review that savagegeese did...?

IMG_2279.PNG

20 minutes ago, Kevin Williams said:

Hello Chris,

Yes, I think savagegeese said in one of his reviews, that the suspension had also been changed in the 2020 coupe, and was better.

I am enjoying my 2018 coupe. The rear wheel steering is noticeable, and the ride is very nice... and the noise is terrific...! 

I look forward to March. Hopefully my Lexus Link will soon show that it's being built...!

What's your thoughts having seen the youtube review that savagegeese did...?

IMG_2279.PNG

Hi Kevin

I thought the review in general was a fair one, The only thing i completely disagree with, and this is with every review I have seen, is there opinion on the infotainment system, yes it does take a bit of getting use to, but here is the problem, they have the car for a couple of days and don't get the opportunity to really get used to it.

The heated seats for example, if you have the heated seat/steering wheel setting on the right hand side of you screen, all you do is move the curser onto the seat or steering wheel icon and click, you don't have to search through loads of menu screens as they say. Most owners agree it's a bit of a nighnmare to start with, but then so would be from changing from a android phone to a apple, until you had it a week or so.

2 minutes ago, wendle said:

Hi Kevin

I thought the review in general was a fair one, The only thing i completely disagree with, and this is with every review I have seen, is there opinion on the infotainment system, yes it does take a bit of getting use to, but here is the problem, they have the car for a couple of days and don't get the opportunity to really get used to it.

The heated seats for example, if you have the heated seat/steering wheel setting on the right hand side of you screen, all you do is move the curser onto the seat or steering wheel icon and click, you don't have to search through loads of menu screens as they say. Most owners agree it's a bit of a nighnmare to start with, but then so would be from changing from a android phone to a Apple, until you had it a week or so.

Yes, I totally agree Chris. The trackpad takes a few trips out in the car to get to know what to do with it...

It's very much like changing to apple computers, the way you think it works, is the right way...!

The BMW i drive system is probably one of the easier infotainment systems to learn quickly... But as you say the LC 500 system is fine...

Do you use Climate Concierge...?

I have recently bought a Honda e, and you have to read the owners manual, slowly, to learn about it...! 

The other very good youtube reviews on the Coupe, and the Convertible, have been done by Redline reviews...

Yes i use Climate Concierge all the time, in fact i rarely touch anything, just set it at 21 and let it do its thing.

Are you going to keep both LC's?

Have you thought about any security for both of your LC's,?.  I would recommend the Autowatch Ghost - ii  system, around £400  fitted , its also Insurance approved 

Also what about a ceramic coating ?. the paint is very soft and prone to stone chips, although ceramic coating won't complete stop the chance of stone chips but it could help depending on how much motorway driving you intend to do.

20 hours ago, Kevin Williams said:

Dear Malcolm,

Thanks for your kind words regarding my wife. I have sent you a message.

Kevin

I was wondering if you received my message Malcolm.

You should have received an email, which is sent by the Lexus Owners Club, which you can reply to, and both of our private email address's, remain secure.

Kevin

18 hours ago, wendle said:

Yes i use Climate Concierge all the time, in fact i rarely touch anything, just set it at 21 and let it do its thing.

Are you going to keep both LC's?

Have you thought about any security for both of your LC's,?.  I would recommend the Autowatch Ghost - ii  system, around £400  fitted , its also Insurance approved 

Also what about a ceramic coating ?. the paint is very soft and prone to stone chips, although ceramic coating won't complete stop the chance of stone chips but it could help depending on how much motorway driving you intend to do.

Hello Chris, It's good to know that you use Climate Concierge all the time. I have mine set, but need to drive the car more to appreciate it... But being Lexus, it no doubt works well...

Hopefully by March, my wife and I have been vaccinated. And yes, I hope to be driving more and will keep the Coupe. My wife and I are lucky to be living in Cornwall, but we both are being very careful to avoid catching COVID. My wife has MS and I had a serious helicopter accident in 2011, and my immune system has been weakened...

I will need a Cat 5 Tracker fitted to the convertible, for the Insurance, if it doesn't come with a Lexus one...

Yes, I have a ceramic coating put on all my cars, wether new or used... I will ask the Lexus dealer to sort it before it is brought down... The best coating I have had was Gardx, that my Bentayga had, that I bought in Northern Ireland.

Living where we are, there are lots of seagulls that splatter our vehicles, if left out, which we wash off as soon as we can...!

• 2 weeks later...

Clarkson "reviews" the LC500 Convertible in the Sunday Times today.

I don't read his reviews these days as they are not really about cars (just like the Grand Tour isn't a motoring program). He features the usual criticism of the infotainment system but does praise the build quality, handling and the engine.

About par for the course then.

15 minutes ago, malcolmw said:

Clarkson "reviews" the LC500 Convertible in the Sunday Times today.

I don't read his reviews these days as they are not really about cars (just like the Grand Tour isn't a motoring program). He features the usual criticism of the infotainment system but does praise the build quality, handling and the engine.

About par for the course then.

Clarkson and Co has never had anything good to say about Lexus car's, except for the LFA, and i am sure he did that through gritted teeth.

Funny though how Quinton Willson was the person he always  used to call for help every time his beloved  Ford F40 broke down, and what did Quinton drive, O yes a Lexus. 

45 minutes ago, wendle said:

Clarkson and Co has never had anything good to say about Lexus car's, except for the LFA, and i am sure he did that through gritted teeth.

Funny though how Quinton Willson was the person he always  used to call for help every time his beloved  Ford F40 broke down, and what did Quinton drive, O yes a Lexus. 

Yes, I agree, its difficult to want to read any of Clarkson's reviews... Irrespective what car he is reviewing...

I am looking forward to Tim Burton, Shmee150, getting hold of one to review. Tim's review of the Coupe was very good...    

5 hours ago, wendle said:

I don’t think so, he’s said on more than one occasion that the LFA is the best car he’s ever driven. 

On 12/13/2020 at 10:12 PM, Stuart-S said:

I don’t think so, he’s said on more than one occasion that the LFA is the best car he’s ever driven. 

He also liked the GSF

16 hours ago, F.A. said:

He also liked the GSF

Yes the Grand Tour review of 03.07.20, is good. I think the AutoTopNL review of 18.06.16, is also good.

I think one of the best reviews of the LC 500 coupe is the AutoTopNL review of 30.06.18.

I am looking forward to either Shmee 150, or AutoTopNL, doing a review of the LC 500 Convertible...

image.png

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links