Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

AFS OFF blinking front heihgt sensor arm off

Hi all! Yesterday on my way to work my afs off started blinking and when i got home i located my front sensor arm? was broken off due to rust and all what not. The only problem that i have with it is that it looks like the metal that broke is attached to the steel and not something u remove by bolt or any? Still not sure but if some of u know if u can replace the broken piece that would be awesome as when searching on eBay i only find the other parts attached to the part that is off from mine. For now ive straped on zip ties that holds it to place that is doing its work as the light stopped blinking and all i working but then again not sure if zip ties are the anwser to fix it or just leave it at it is if theres no part to replace it with for now? The pic with red line is were its broken off and also i took a pic from someone else showing a more cleaner view what it looks like.

Inked118851973_3132862360164669_1628856172862139503_n_LI.jpg

Inked118918067_1037611470010807_7351523794076879790_n_LI.jpg

img_6281_9befbe7a99ea0b70a6578754abcd3b2f31ebcfda.jpg

Difficult to weld or even drill a couple of holes for a securing plate down there.
If it parts, that whole vertical arm with that lower securing bracket will be free to swing about. That is very close to the front wheel/tyre so could be dangerous.

You could remove the vertical arm and lose the functionality of the AFS. The light shouldn't be a problem as the car will think it is working but simply not detecting any movement.
Mine was like it for years with no AFS light issues.

Well the arm will just go up and wont touch anything if i gets loose again as ive already checked that. Also i drove home with it freely and wont connect to the tire or something else fortunatly. Guess im gonna try get it all cleaned up and use som rust protection aswell before and cut the metal off and replace with some other metal plate and weld it togheter. The picture might make it look like its gonna hit something but it wont as far as i can tell. Just my tip of luck the metal got broken and not just the arm so i could replace it.

And yes its not a big deal if it will come off. There is a fuse u can take out and the light wont blink for the AFS located under the hood opener, 5 fuse counting from far left towards were u sit.

22 hours ago, gubbelille said:

Well the arm will just go up and wont touch anything if i gets loose again as ive already checked that. Also i drove home with it freely and wont connect to the tire or something else fortunatly. Guess im gonna try get it all cleaned up and use som rust protection aswell before and cut the metal off and replace with some other metal plate and weld it togheter. The picture might make it look like its gonna hit something but it wont as far as i can tell. Just my tip of luck the metal got broken and not just the arm so i could replace it.

And yes its not a big deal if it will come off. There is a fuse u can take out and the light wont blink for the AFS located under the hood opener, 5 fuse counting from far left towards were u sit.

I cannot detect whether the AFS is working or not. How can you check if it is working? is it speed dependent or should it work if you are stationary and turn the wheel?

The pictures you see above are in the front wheel arch, left had side of the car.
You can see it by turning the wheel but access to it is best done with the wheel removed

There is also one on the rear, difficult to see without jacking the car up.

On 9/5/2020 at 8:19 PM, gubbelille said:

Hi all! Yesterday on my way to work my afs off started blinking and when i got home i located my front sensor arm? was broken off due to rust and all what not. The only problem that i have with it is that it looks like the metal that broke is attached to the steel and not something u remove by bolt or any? Still not sure but if some of u know if u can replace the broken piece that would be awesome as when searching on ebay i only find the other parts attached to the part that is off from mine. For now ive straped on zip ties that holds it to place that is doing its work as the light stopped blinking and all i working but then again not sure if zip ties are the anwser to fix it or just leave it at it is if theres no part to replace it with for now? The pic with red line is were its broken off and also i took a pic from someone else showing a more cleaner view what it looks like.

Inked118851973_3132862360164669_1628856172862139503_n_LI.jpg

Inked118918067_1037611470010807_7351523794076879790_n_LI.jpg

img_6281_9befbe7a99ea0b70a6578754abcd3b2f31ebcfda.jpg

Can I ask, that top bolt where it pivots, is that really tight? I am able to wiggle mine quite a bit and it is because the top bolt is not tight allowing the movement.

Then I guess it needs movement to allow it to pivot right?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links