Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aaargh - Lost Switches

Jumped in the car this morning and cracked my knee against  the far end of the dashboard -the corner beyond  coin holder. After a brief moment of pain thought nothing of it.

Suddenly I realised that  there was a new hole in the dashboard where the Heated steering wheel and front camera switch panel should be.

They are now residing inside the dashboard with no way of retrieving them and  seemingly no way of accessing the panel from underneath or behind.

Can only think that they weren't properly fixed in the first place and the jolt from my knee on the end of the dashboard allowed them to fall in.....

Call to Cheltenham Lexus in the morning required.

Hopefully covered by warranty

• Sad 1

Hurrah. 

Rang Cheltenham Lexus and spoke to Mike Harris in service. Took the car in and he fixed it straight away FOC. 

Fantastic service, am well impressed. 

Apparently this is not an uncommon occurance. Access is gained by unclipping the end of the dash. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, olliesgrandad said:

Hurrah. 

Rang Cheltenham Lexus and spoke to Mike Harris in service. Took the car in and he fixed it straight away FOC. 

Fantastic service, am well impressed. 

Apparently this is not an uncommon occurance. Access is gained by unclipping the end of the dash. 

Super result - a Happy Les!  (not Les Misérables)

12 hours ago, Illogan said:

a Happy Les!  (not Les Misérables)

Too right ! I checked how easy it would be to hit that bank of switches.

Les, I hope your knee is better than my finger. Janet caught her finger in the front driver door as she closed it last December. I did exactly the same in May. New fingernail about half way grown so far. Luckily for Jan her pain was nowhere near as severe as mine !

Well done Cheltenham. I'm there on Thursday for service number 1. 

Alan

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, olliesgrandad said:

Don't forget if a gold member they will give you 15% discount off the service 

And it's worth joining as a Gold Member just for that discount     (as well as relaxing in that sumptuous self-satisfaction of being 'at one' with a number of other Lexus nutters Gold Members)