Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rcf brake pads.

Hi there,haven’t been on for ages. Still have my isf but just got myself a rcf, blue one owner 2015 and only 6500 miles.

After taking it out for a few runs I noticed the excessive brake dust, seems to be worse than the isf!

Has anyone tried different brands that are any better?

cheers.

I've currently got EBC redstuff on the front, less dust and noise compared to OEM, but also less performance. I'm switching to EBC yellowstuff pads to hopefully improve performance.

I've previously used redstuff pads, but personally I think the RCF is too heavy and powerful for them.

Another vote for EBC reds, I would say on par with stock performance, but then I switched my pads out pretty quick as they were low when getting my F and the brake dust was too excessive for me, so didn't have a lot of time braking with OEM pads. After the bedding in process, found the reds to reduce squeal and amount of dust dramatically. I would be interested if there is a marked difference between the yellows and reds though 🙂

3 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

Another vote for EBC reds, I would say on par with stock performance, but then I switched my pads out pretty quick as they were low when getting my F and the brake dust was too excessive for me, so didn't have a lot of time braking with OEM pads. After the bedding in process, found the reds to reduce squeal and amount of dust dramatically. I would be interested if there is a marked difference between the yellows and reds though 🙂

I'll let you know in a few weeks once they've been installed and bedded in.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

EBC yellow were £110 after discount, rear pads (textar) were £90. A big saving vs OEM which are £346 & £285 on Lexus parts direct, who themselves are significantly cheaper than direct from Lexus.

All in I paid £530 for discs and pads all-around, plus fitting at a local indy. First impressions are very positive and I'm really pleased with the initial bite, a bit noisy but that should go within a few hundred miles as everything beds in.

13 hours ago, Silkmen said:

EBC yellow were £110 after discount, rear pads (textar) were £90. A big saving vs OEM which are £346 & £285 on Lexus parts direct, who themselves are significantly cheaper than direct from Lexus.

All in I paid £530 for discs and pads all-around, plus fitting at a local indy. First impressions are very positive and I'm really pleased with the initial bite, a bit noisy but that should go within a few hundred miles as everything beds in.

I be needing discs soon - could you let me know where you got the F+R discs from for £330?

thanks!

On 9/19/2020 at 1:27 PM, Silkmen said:

I was unable to source yellow stuff pads for the rear, which was a shame as they were my first choice.

Looks like they may have finally produce rear pads. EBC Brakes Direct show both Red and Yellow rears to be in stock. More expensive than the fronts which is odd but I guess they were specially made for the F cars whereas the front are used on the LS460 and other vehicles.

Helpful thread; I now know where to go when mine need doing. I'd been avoiding using the brakes as I didn't fancy the £2000 cost from Lexus for pads & discs

1 hour ago, MNMJ said:

Helpful thread; I now know where to go when mine need doing. I'd been avoiding using the brakes as I didn't fancy the £2000 cost from Lexus for pads & discs

Happy to help and being able to source discs and pads improves the ownership experience.

I had Lexus fit a different front brake compound to my rcf to reduce the unacceptable squeal and excessive dust. They do these alternative pads but state they are not for track use. Had no noise or excessive dust since they were fitted. Just saying there are alternative Toyota parts out there....

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2020 at 5:28 PM, Silkmen said:

I'll let you know in a few weeks once they've been installed and bedded in.

Hey chap,how are those pads?

fed up of having to clean my wheels after every drive!