Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rcf brake pads.

Only covered 350 miles so far, however they are starting to bed in with less noise. I'm following the brake in procedure so going to do several hard stops once the weather improves. However EBC state it could take 1k miles as I fitted new discs as well.

Initial bite is better than the reds and so far I'm really happy with them. I'll report back re dust once they've bedded in as currently going through the break-in coating on the pads.

10 hours ago, Silkmen said:

Only covered 350 miles so far, however they are starting to bed in with less noise. I'm following the brake in procedure so going to do several hard stops once the weather improves. However EBC state it could take 1k miles as I fitted new discs as well.

Initial bite is better than the reds and so far I'm really happy with them. I'll report back re dust once they've bedded in as currently going through the break-in coating on the pads.

Thanks for the feedback, think I’ll just go ahead and order some.

• 11 months later...

On 10/5/2021 at 4:08 PM, BillNick said:

@Silkmen could you be so kind as to provide an update on your Yellow Stuffs pls dude?

Dust on yellow stuff are horrendous… I’ve got them fitted and regretted it… but will get some use out of them before ditching them 

the yellow stuff are more for track and have a high dust rating …. Great bite tho… 

3623333F-1289-4E7C-AB5D-34C2E89C6741.jpeg

On 10/5/2021 at 4:08 PM, BillNick said:

@Silkmen could you be so kind as to provide an update on your Yellow Stuffs pls dude?

They take a while to get up to temperature and the first 2/3 stops require a firm press of the pedal. Brake dust is similar to reds, however I only drive at the weekends and they squeal (high pitch) even under light braking. They are a lot quieter than OEM pads though.

Maybe I am lucky....but I do not experience brake squeal....

Dust, yes of course. More so on the rear as my valet guy pointed out today. I put that down to RWD etc, but perhaps I have different pads in the front.

Not fussed till they go low tbh, but wanted to know what to buy in advance. 

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links