Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS300H - Memory seats keep returning to different position - Advice needed :)

Hi All

I have a new to me 63 plate IS300H Premier and have noticed a issue which I cant seem to figure out, I've set the seating how I like it and saved it into preset 1, i've turned off the easy exit feature so now only the steering wheel moves inwards when I turn off the car.

However the issue i'm having is the next time I get into the car, the seat settings have changed, I then have to press preset 1 again to get my seat settings back, is there anything I can do so the seat stays in the position I set it to or at least preset 1?

The strange thing is I cannot pinpoint when its changing the seat settings, when I turn the car off only the steering wheel moves, I then lock the car with the remote but I do not notice the seat move at that point either, when I next unlock the car again I do not see the seat move, maybe it has moved at some point but I just cannot see it..

Advice appreciated 🙂

1 hour ago, corpjones said:

However the issue i'm having is the next time I get into the car, the seat settings have changed, I then have to press preset 1 again to get my seat settings back, is there anything I can do so the seat stays in the position I set it to or at least preset 1?

Have you registered seat preset 1 to the key you're using? Have you turned on the power switch or fastened your seatbelt  to get the seat to move to the position recorded on your key?

39 minutes ago, Thackeray said:

Have you registered seat preset 1 to the key you're using? Have you turned on the power switch or fastened your seatbelt  to get the seat to move to the position recorded on your key?

Yes, I watched a youtube video that suggested once the car is started, hold the preset button (1 in my case) and the unlock door button on the drive side door at the same time, I do that but only get a single beep, not the second longer beep which shows pairing.

I did another test and it looks like the seats change back when I open the door after unlocking the car.

32 minutes ago, corpjones said:

did another test and it looks like the seats change back when I open the door

Do you mean it's working as you want?

Here's what the manual says:

Recall procedure
Carry the electronic key that has been registered to the driving position,
and then unlock and open the driver’s door using the entry function or
wireless remote control.

1. The driving position will move to the recorded position (not including the steering

wheel). However, the seat will move to a position slightly behind the recorded position
in order to make entering the vehicle easier.
If the driving position is in a position that has already been recorded, the seat and
outside rear view mirrors will not move.

1. Turn the power switch to ACCESSORY mode or ON mode, or fasten a

seat belt.
The seat and steering wheel will move to the recorded position.

No apologies, the seat moves back to a totally different position (the previous owner?) when I open the door, I then have to press the 1 button to get my seats back how I want.

At the moment every time I sit in the car I have to recall position 1, it looks like my key is making it reset to the previous owners settings maybe, no idea why I cant pair my key though 😞

3 minutes ago, corpjones said:

No apologies, the seat moves back to a totally different position (the previous owner?) when I open the door, I then have to press the 1 button to get my seats back how I want.

At the moment every time I sit in the car I have to recall position 1, it looks like my key is making it reset to the previous owners settings maybe, no idea why I cant pair my key though 😞

And nothing happens when you turn the power switch on or fasten a seat belt? (Before you resort to pressing memory 1 button.)

Have you tried registering a different key?

Did you close the driver's door while registering the key?

Was the car in Park and the power switch ON mode?

Here are the instructions from the manual which are slightly different from the video.

Each electronic key (including a card key) can be registered to recall your preferred
driving position.
■ Registering procedure
Record your driving position to button “1”, “2” or “3” before performing the
following:
Carry only the key you want to register, and then close the driver’s door. If 2 or
more keys are in the vehicle, the driving position cannot be recorded properly.

1. Check that the shift lever is in P.
  2. Turn the power switch to ON mode.
  3. Recall the driving position that you want to record.
  4. While pressing the recalled button, press and hold the door lock switch (either lock or unlock) until the buzzer sounds.

If the button could not be registered,
the buzzer sounds continuously for
approximately 3 seconds.

If you can't register the other key either, maybe it's worth experimenting with memory button 2 or 3.

• Like 1

I agree with Thackeray above. Sounds like the key you are using is registered to memory 2 or 3. Either reprogram the key to memory 1, or just save your seat position into memory1, 2 and 3 - that way it key the seat in the position you require.