Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GSF Exhaust Options

Are there any GSF exhaust options that don’t involve importation from outside Europe? ( postage and tax from the US is eye watering). Looking to improve/ increase sound rather than any power increases. Around the £12-1500 mark all in tops. I found the GReedy but it does not seem to get many positives.

Plenty of options for the ISF/RCF it would seem. Are the RCF back boxes a direct fit? If so would getting something like the Hayward and Scott RCF exhaust and get someone to custom fit some pipe to match up with the rest of the exhaust work? Thanks.

Hello fellow Kieran and GSF owner 😉 I will try and give you as much info as possible to hopefully help!

If you want noise, the mid pipe is where to get your primary improvement at a lesser cost then lets say headers. Back boxes only make minor changes (from sound clips heard online). I went for both but back boxes are valved.

So I have GTHaus midpipe (secondary cats removed) and backboxes installed (yes I realise they are from US), I looked into pretty much every option before purchasing. What I found comments to be about the other 'brands' were that they literally got no noise improvement or in some cases felt it made it sound worse and you've just spunked a loada money on it. I came to the conclusion that I would need to look at Jap/ US options (Novel and GTHaus were on my list).

I did successfully barter with GTHaus on price and shipping costs and found them quite open to negotiation. However, the problem lies in that your budget is not suitable for these options I am afraid.

As suggested above, it would potentially serve you well to approach someone locally and investigate options. Any other questions please don't hesitate to ask on here or pm me 🙂

6 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

Hello fellow Kieran and GSF owner 😉 I will try and give you as much info as possible to hopefully help!

If you want noise, the mid pipe is where to get your primary improvement at a lesser cost then lets say headers. Back boxes only make minor changes (from sound clips heard online). I went for both but back boxes are valved.

So I have GTHaus midpipe (secondary cats removed) and backboxes installed (yes I realise they are from US), I looked into pretty much every option before purchasing. What I found comments to be about the other 'brands' were that they literally got no noise improvement or in some cases felt it made it sound worse and you've just spunked a loada money on it. I came to the conclusion that I would need to look at Jap/ US options (Novel and GTHaus were on my list).

I did successfully barter with GTHaus on price and shipping costs and found them quite open to negotiation. However, the problem lies in that your budget is not suitable for these options I am afraid.

As suggested above, it would potentially serve you well to approach someone locally and investigate options. Any other questions please don't hesitate to ask on here or pm me 🙂

Hi there. Kieran your option sounds very good. Do you have any posts at all with the sound recorded? When I have listened to various GSF exhaust alternatives, they all sound fairly similar once the initial start up excitement is over. I Am also wondering about some exhaust enhancement but also very much aware that when I had my really quite loud Porsche Panamera GTS, I tended to turn the exhaust “off” most of the time as it was just too loud for an old git like me!

Thanks Kieran1/Craig. I suspected as much. Yes I was aware of the GTHaus option which does indeed seem to be the premier system for these cars, but I  can’t justify spending that much given the value of the car itself. I have heard the H&S in one of the threads below and hoped that type of difference could be achieved with the GSF for similar outlay.

13 hours ago, Rufus135 said:

Hi there. Kieran your option sounds very good. Do you have any posts at all with the sound recorded? When I have listened to various GSF exhaust alternatives, they all sound fairly similar once the initial start up excitement is over. I Am also wondering about some exhaust enhancement but also very much aware that when I had my really quite loud Porsche Panamera GTS, I tended to turn the exhaust “off” most of the time as it was just too loud for an old git like me!

If you are more of the 'old man' persuasion 😉 then I do not recommend the GTHaus system, it is F-ing loud, like deafening. Start up valves open is super antisocial (but I like it) and the general acceleration noises are something to behold. Valving makes a moderate change to the sound but still pretty damn loud. I will hopefully attach some clips below 🙂, vids are cold start valves open, car park revs and a pull to about 5k revs, recorded on phones etc so not the greatest audio quality, can hear it rip though!!!

1 hour ago, Subculture said:

Thanks Kieran1/Craig. I suspected as much. Yes I was aware of the GTHaus option which does indeed seem to be the premier system for these cars, but I  can’t justify spending that much given the value of the car itself. I have heard the H&S in one of the threads below and hoped that type of difference could be achieved with the GSF for similar outlay.

I agree it is a lot of money, I justified it to myself as I intend to keep my F for its life time, so the enjoyment over time pay me back. But if you do not intend to keep long term then double agree it is a substantial amount. My biggest issue when finding exhaust options was the fact I had to go on youtube sound clips, 60 GSF's in the UK, how many are likely to have aftermarket exhausts and how many are likely to have all the different sytems available haha! Best of luck though 🙂