Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

leaving the IS forum

Three years ago I was planning on upgrading my IS220d with an IS300h but took a GS300h for a test drive. Was smitten and haven't looked back. This is a keeper as I can't think of anything else I would rather have!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ala Larj said:

I'm lucky to have the premier which has the HUD. Something I couldn't live without now! 

yeah I do like the HUD in mine but Mark is good, his IS didn't have one so he doesn't know what he is missing 😉

• Haha 2

Can't remember the last time I looked at the instruments! It's really handy when driving in Europe when switched to kmph. Maybe we should keep this quiet. Don't want him getting jealous! Whatever, he'll enjoy the quiet sofistication of the GS. Have always thought it as a down-market LS rather than an upmarket IS. 

i am working my way through the lexus range

in october 2013 i bought my 1st lexus a CT luxury (1 yr 10 months)

in august 2015 i bought my 2nd lexus an IS300h luxury (2 yrs 8 months)

in april 2018 i'm on my 3rd lexus an IS300h F Sport (2yrs 5 months)

in september 2020 my 4th lexus the GS300h

i dont think i could afford anything better in the range after the GS

as i dont like the Suv range except for the RX and thats too much for me.

• Like 2

I was all set to buy an IS then was given a test drive in a GS even though I wanted a car where the back seats came down the GS was just so much nicer to sit in let alone drive. I did three more back to back tests at three different garages to try and convince myself the IS was more practical and failed. Love the HUD especially as I now live in France

When I had a Battery fitted to my LS/400 they gave me a lift in a GS hybrid - what a smooth and quiet car! I was very impressed.

Am I right in thinking the IS 300h has the 6 cylinder 2.5 and the GS and NX 300h have the 4 cylinder one?

Any comments on noticing any difference?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links