Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IN HJ RECENTLY

This is a complete departure from all that HJ HAS BEEN proclaiming OVER THE YEARS !

The original HJ has moved on to pastures new and the new members of the HJ team are setting out their stall.

I tried left foot braking and failed miserably.

What is the best way to drive an automatic car?
What are the dos and don'ts of driving an automatic car?

Asked on 4 September 2020 by Patrick White

andy-polaroid-copy.jpg Answered by Andrew Brady
Do use your right foot for both pedals. Don't be tempted to use your left foot to brake. If you're stopped for a long period (e.g. at traffic lights), consider putting the car into neutral or park and putting the handbrake on. Other than that, it's pretty simple and much easier than using a manual gearbox.
  • Like 1

Yeah I remember he would always go on about the number of lives lost through accidents due to people not left foot braking. Was all a bit over the top with that even going on about how he proved to Mercedes the reaction times of moving your right feet to the brake pedal was so much slower than moving the left feet to brake. 

• Like 3

Sadly It seems a fair while since HJ actually penned an article on the site himself. I don't know about his Telegraph column as I  would never lower myself to read such a rag.

I take it from the OP he's left the business. I must admit I've noticed a deterioration in the quality of reviews and the general tone of the site.

• Like 1

He has written again, under his real name, i assume, quite recently.

Always liked HJ.

The stuff they print now, I could write myself.

Indeed, any of us could! 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, PCM said:

He has written again, under his real name, i assume, quite recently.

Always liked HJ.

The stuff they print now, I could write myself.

Indeed, any of us could! 

Piers, can you point us in the direction of "he has written again" please ?

Just now, royoftherovers said:

Piers, can you point us in the direction of "he has written again" please ?

Yes, if you subscribe to the emailed HJ,  'every week or so', updates, you will see him answering some of the 'reader' questions, as he used to.

He now uses what I assume is his real name - forget what it is though.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PCM said:

Yes, if you subscribe to the emailed HJ,  'every week or so', updates, you will see him answering some of the 'reader' questions, as he used to.

I do subscribe and I always read and I too have thought once or twice that narrative sounds familiar.......is that what you are referring to Piers?

12 hours ago, PCM said:

I assumed they had just stopped the Saturday Ask HJ emails. I haven't received one for about four or five weeks now, these days I have to log in to HJ to find anything.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links