Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

U.K. ES MY21 revealed

Habu

https://blog.lexus.co.uk/2021-lexus-es-premium-edition/

As already discussed the MY21 ES is available to order now.  Lexus U.K. has published some of the highlight updates but has not chosen to detail the interior changes yet even though I’ve seen the internal circular with details of the revised switchgear and other bits.

Lexus “...enhance the appearance and user-friendly design of the cabin.”  

I’m getting my first service this Friday so hopefully will get some further info.

looks like the premium option has lost the Takumi seats, but gained a big screen .. for much lower price... I like the new price, but shame to loose the seat upgrade.

My decision for an ES is delayed due to employment stability.... so at least if I don't like the new, there should be some further reductions on nearly new 2019 stock.

This is Lexus’ comments regarding the internal changes...
Regarding internal changes, power window switch ornamentation has been added, the steering wheels switch design has been changed, the small item storage at the front cup holder has been increased, the USB port cover has been revised and the multimedia, PWR/VOL and TUNE knob colour has been changed to a satin-plated pattern coating.
The website and e-brochure are scheduled to be updated at the start of October.

I remember how a poor design of the usb slots under  the front cup holder lid caused us all to ask why did Lexus do that instead of placing them in the centre console where all usb  leads could be hidden when you have your phone or i pod connected.  I initially tried a few alternatives of usb connectors but nothing really worked and now I don't care if I have to place my i pod in the cup holder while using the usb slot.  Lid open, lid closed, it's not important.  

• 1 month later...

I had a look at the MY21 today.  Nothing much to write home about.  Changes included some bright work to the window switches, brushed metal effect to the rotary volume dual, larger wireless charger (=smaller cubby), ‘Push’ written in white writing on the adjustable cup holder (really!?!) and a still hopeless USB position.  Same location but a rigid cap that hinges same way as main cover.  Missed opportunity to stick a USB in the cubby.  Cubby is about 40% smaller than the current model.

4C613FA8-7132-4292-8345-80AFD7067AD1.jpeg

A78BF5E4-B2C1-4496-B8F1-5CCD04C0858F.jpeg

5BF9ABD4-A03A-4FE1-AC1D-E5621A8D4C43.jpeg

26CA0FAA-59C4-4C85-A36E-B413BD0AE630.jpeg

67F0EFCF-6D5C-4DAC-B2C3-748BF4C4C6C6.jpeg

A49D7DBC-E3C8-4F06-B7A9-F83FF4D36681.jpeg

0A5EF6CE-5A1C-4966-84C5-66B3A547DEA4.jpeg

1 hour ago, Habu said:

I had a look at the MY21 today.  Nothing much to write home about.  Changes included some bright work to the window switches, brushed metal effect to the rotary volume dual, larger wireless charger (=smaller cubby), ‘Push’ written in white writing on the adjustable cup holder (really!?!) and a still hopeless USB position.  Same location but a rigid cap that hinges same way as main cover.  Missed opportunity to stick a USB in the cubby.  Cubby is about 40% smaller than the current model.

4C613FA8-7132-4292-8345-80AFD7067AD1.jpeg

A78BF5E4-B2C1-4496-B8F1-5CCD04C0858F.jpeg

5BF9ABD4-A03A-4FE1-AC1D-E5621A8D4C43.jpeg

26CA0FAA-59C4-4C85-A36E-B413BD0AE630.jpeg

67F0EFCF-6D5C-4DAC-B2C3-748BF4C4C6C6.jpeg

A49D7DBC-E3C8-4F06-B7A9-F83FF4D36681.jpeg

0A5EF6CE-5A1C-4966-84C5-66B3A547DEA4.jpeg

Peter, When (which month in 2020 ) is Model Year 2021 effective from please ?

Cars ordered from September 2020 will be MY21 models assuming there’s not a 2020 in Lexus stock somewhere that meets your requirements.  MY21cars for showrooms started arriving October.

6 minutes ago, Habu said:

Cars ordered from September 2020 will be MY21 models assuming there’s not a 2020 in Lexus stock somewhere that meets your requirements.  MY21cars for showrooms started arriving October.

Thanks Peter. I guessed, but I didn`t know.

Thinking a little more about this change to the USB cover it has taken away the opportunity to use a shallow 90 degree USB cable as the USBs new height and non removable cover prevents this.  The current USB cover is a removable rubber cover.  The new MY21 cover is thick, hard and securely attached.  

18 minutes ago, Ian J. Parsley said:

I have "PUSH" on my MY20; don't see much difference at all, actually - the charger looks the same size as mine too.

Does your charger have the rubbery cover that’s easily removable as I think the rigid hinged affair is new to the MY21 models.

• 4 weeks later...

For all the little tweaks they have done for the MY21 the only one I like is the window switches. I prefer my MY19. Links like they’ve just turned around the wireless charger by 90 degrees and the Vol/Tune knob colour change looks cheap in my opinion.