Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone have any recommendations on tyres for the LS400? Standard 225/60 R16 size. All seasons would be nice so I guess the forum favourite would be Cross Climates but they're standing at about £150 a corner :sad: Something befitting the LS. 

Asking for a friend obviously.

For years I used Vredestein Wintrac Extreme very happily on my LS400.  These have been superseded by the Vredestein Quatrac Pro. They are all season but with snow and mud markings and the tread looks similar to the Wintrac Extreme (those were snow tyres).  Anyway I just bought a set(4) of the Quatrac Pro tyres for just under £500( for 245/45 /18 as I now have an LS430, so the right size for the LS400 should be cheaper). I would highly recommend the Wintrac Extreme tyres and  hope the new ones will be good but as I am only starting to use them.... 

• Like 3

I've been using Goodyear Vector 4Seasons which seem to perform well. Some say they are noisy in the cabin, unfortunately I can't comment on this as I've nothing to compare them to with this car. I am planning on trying the michelins next time around. My fronts are worn to 3-4mm after 22000 miles, don't know if this is good or not. Rears are 7mm after similar mileage.

Edit: this is an on RX not an LS!  Probably should have mentioned that first haha

• Like 2

Michelin Primacy if budget not an issue, Yokohama or Kumho if budget is an issue, UK seems to lack a variety of options in all-season tyres

Click below if you have the patience and the means 🙂

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Pilot+Sport+All+Season+4

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Werewolf1976 said:

Michelin Primacy

these tyres seem to be available at Costco for £402 for 4 someone said in an earlier post recently !

I use Falken and have done for years, they seem quite good too

Malc

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, rich1068 said:

Quatrac 5s seem to be a good trade off between performance (ie grip, not Nurburgring malarky) and price.

Anyone any experience of these?

Quatrac 5s have asymmetrical tread pattern with good traction and handling, but pretty noisy. Especially when driving with open windows.

I am okay with the Quatrac 5s, I like it a little louder.

This article confirms my experience.                https://motorandwheels.com/are-vredestein-tires-quiet-noisy/

If you prefer the LS-quietness, do not buy them.

I would love to know how the Quatrac Pro (looks like it has a quieter tread pattern) and the Michelin Cross Climate (symmetrical tread pattern) on a 95-97 LS400 perform.

PS: The LS400 came with asymmetrical tread pattern.

quatrac3quatrac5.jpg

Vredestein Quatrac Pro - 2019 introduction.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/11/2020 at 12:27 AM, GEN said:

For years I used Vredestein Wintrac Extreme very happily on my LS400.  These have been superseded by the Vredestein Quatrac Pro. They are all season but with snow and mud markings and the tread looks similar to the Wintrac Extreme (those were snow tyres).  Anyway I just bought a set(4) of the Quatrac Pro tyres for just under £500( for 245/45 /18 as I now have an LS430, so the right size for the LS400 should be cheaper). I would highly recommend the Wintrac Extreme tyres and  hope the new ones will be good but as I am only starting to use them.... 

Please keep us updated on the performance of the Quatrac Pro tyres on your LS430.

TIA

So the Quatrac Pro replaced a set of Pirelli P Zero (since experience has made me prefer Vredestein) and I have now only covered about 1000 miles in good weather.  The initial impression : the car felt more sure-footed than the Pirellis(when I took them off they still had 6mm of thread left) and I could not detect any noise difference between the two.  Will let you know when I have something to report. 

1 hour ago, plexus914 said:

Quatrac 5s have asymmetrical tread pattern with good traction and handling, but pretty noisy...

Thanks for that Q. I do want a quiet tyre. The ditchfinders that are currently on are pretty noisy.

I've had Pirellis on my 2006 Honda Legend too and they are just so so noisy and hard by comparison to the Falkens I have just replaced them with

The Pirellis came with the car 4 years ago now and are very very hard wearing whatever, just not suitable for car driving comfort methinks

I certainly wouldn't put them on a Lexus !

Malc

I also inherited the Pirellis and did not like the way they felt (although new) and changed them as soon as I could.  In terms of the noise I did not think they were noisy but maybe my hearing is not...... 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links