Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What is the beep

Can anyone tell me what this noise is please? Is300h sport standard nav, after about 10 mins of driving and seemingly randomly on a long drive yesterday I get a double beep, two beeps in quick succession, can't see anything illuminated on the displays to suggest what it might be, any ideas? Seems to be at random intervals, more frequently on m25 yesterday. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Can anyone tell me what this noise is please? Is300h sport standard nav, after about 10 mins of driving and seemingly randomly on a long drive yesterday I get a double beep, two beeps in quick succession, can't see anything illuminated on the displays to suggest what it might be, any ideas? Seems to be at random intervals, more frequently on m25 yesterday. Thanks

Speed camera warnings [emoji6]

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, james.robinson.e said:

I thought that but they seemed not to relate to camera positions but I suppose the database could be out of date. Thanks

Beeps to warn of a static speed camera but the distance before the camera it beeps seems to vary a lot from site to site - on the M25 it beeps regularly as there a lot of static cameras on the gantries - not so useful around there!

15 minutes ago, Mincey said:

I use Radarbot to keep me on the straight and narrow.

I use the speedometer on my car to do this 😉 TomTom Go is quite good for speed cameras though, particularly average zones. It shows you when they start and end and shows your average speed quite travelling through them. I haven't seen any other apps that can do this.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, m4rkw said:

I use the speedometer on my car to do this 😉 TomTom Go is quite good for speed cameras though, particularly average zones. It shows you when they start and end and shows your average speed quite travelling through them. I haven't seen any other apps that can do this.i

I like the first sentence of this response Mark. It tells me that you are conscious of your responsibilities as the driver of the vehicle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, m4rkw said:

I use the speedometer on my car to do this 😉 TomTom Go is quite good for speed cameras though, particularly average zones. It shows you when they start and end and shows your average speed quite travelling through them. I haven't seen any other apps that can do this.

As it's not quite a year since I attended a speed awareness course, I'm employing all methods I can to prevent me picking up another NIP!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mincey said:

As it's not quite a year since I attended a speed awareness course, I'm employing all methods I can to prevent me picking up another NIP!

It's so easy to do accidentally too. Lots of incidences of speed signs being obscured. Cruise control helps but you can still end up speeding on downward slopes.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, m4rkw said:

It's so easy to do accidentally too. Lots of incidences of speed signs being obscured. Cruise control helps but you can still end up speeding on downward slopes.

It's not only speed signs being obscured which don't help. It's taxi drivers. I had one in front of me doing about 30 in a 40. When the single carriageway became a dual carriageway, I pulled out to overtake. He then thought it would be mildly amusing to accelerate to 40, thus making me exceed the limit in order to complete my overtake. It was when I saw the scamera van parked at the end of the road, eager to relieve members of the public of their hard earned readies, I realised what the Son of Satan had been planning all along.

EDIT: it's ironic. I've only ever had two speeding tickets. The first was on a downward stretch of the A43 near Silverstone when those bloody roadworks were everywhere. It was late at night, nobody was working and I let my concentration slip momentarily. I was flashed at 48mph near that Green Man pub. When I let friends and colleagues know about this, the number of "oh yeah, we were done there too" replies almost made me form a "Friends of the Green Man on the A43 Speed Camera Society". I'd even designed the window sticker. Anyway I digress. Both tickets have been earned in black Lexi. So far, my silver Lexi have been luckier. 

2 hours ago, Mincey said:

It's not only speed signs being obscured which don't help. It's taxi drivers. I had one in front of me doing about 30 in a 40. When the single carriageway became a dual carriageway, I pulled out to overtake. He then thought it would be mildly amusing to accelerate to 40, thus making me exceed the limit in order to complete my overtake. It was when I saw the scamera van parked at the end of the road, eager to relieve members of the public of their hard earned readies, I realised what the Son of Satan had been planning all along.

Or maybe he just wanted to accelerate to the speed limit since the road had opened up, or he realised the speed limit had changed?

2 hours ago, Mincey said:

The first was on a downward stretch of the A43 near Silverstone when those bloody roadworks were everywhere.

It's common for cameras to be pointed downhill. Cameras cost money which we pay for through taxes, so it's sort of in the public interest for them to pay for themselves, so they tend to be in locations where they are more likely to catch people, such as at the bottom of a steep hill. Bloody annoying when you do get caught though I'm sure.

18 minutes ago, m4rkw said:

Or maybe he just wanted to accelerate to the speed limit since the road had opened up, or he realised the speed limit had changed?

Had that been the case, and I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt now, he could/should have realised that I was overtaking and waited before accelerating. The swine!

I tend to rely on Google maps for navigation, fixed camera warning and speed monitoring.

The car's (any car's) speedometer is, purposefully I guess, inaccurate in the sense that the speed it displays is below your real speed, as shown on Google maps or similar. The higher the speed, the larger discrepancy.

Lexus navigation trends to be accurate, but it simply reacts too slowly to events: it often tells you of a jam once you're already in it, rather than proactively re route you.

Fixed camera warning is out of date... And too much of a pain to update manually when Google (or similar Waze) gets dynamically updated.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10 Plus using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links