Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS300H Premier - did it come with different sizes fronts and rears?

Hi All

While checking my tyre depths i've just noticed my new (to me) 63 plate tyre sizes are different for fronts and rears, its 255/35/18 and 225/40/18, did it come like this from the factory?

This is the first time i've had a car with diffrerent sizes so just wanted to check 🙂

Thanks

40 minutes ago, corpjones said:

Hi All

While checking my tyre depths i've just noticed my new (to me) 63 plate tyre sizes are different for fronts and rears, its 255/35/18 and 225/40/18, did it come like this from the factory?

This is the first time i've had a car with diffrerent sizes so just wanted to check 🙂

Thanks

Anything about tyres in the Handbook Mark ?

28 minutes ago, corpjones said:

Cant see anything relating to the different sizes, I've just realised i've posted in the wrong section, is it possible to move into the IS300H forum? I can only see how to edit the post, not move it..

image.jpeg.bb786c40edfefaaf342f0083c6e02c61.jpeg
300h. SE grade models feature 16-inch alloy wheels and use 205/55R16 91W-sized tyres. Executive Edition, Luxury and Advance models ride on 17-inch alloys and use 225/45R17 tyres. F Sport and Premier grades use 225/40R18 88Y tyres up front and 255/35R18 90Y at the rear.20 May 2015
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, corpjones said:

Hi All

Thanks

Hi, 

Can I ask which brand and model of tyre your Premier is fitted with? And on checking the treads are they wearing evenly?

Many thanks 

16 hours ago, corpjones said:

tyre sizes are different for fronts and rears, its 255/35/18 and 225/40/18

The way you've written it suggests the 255 tyres are on the front. I suppose that's not the case and they're actually on the rear.

I’m running with Goodyear eagle assymetric 3, my original Bridgestones all wore on the inner edges. Had a full alignment check and adjustment at its service last year and all tyres are wearing evenly now. The rears have been on three years and 25000 miles and have 4mm left. So not too bad. Good grip in both dry and wet and not too noisy.

On 9/12/2020 at 10:00 AM, Bob99 said:

I’m running with Goodyear eagle assymetric 3, my original Bridgestones all wore on the inner edges. Had a full alignment check and adjustment at its service last year and all tyres are wearing evenly now. The rears have been on three years and 25000 miles and have 4mm left. So not too bad. Good grip in both dry and wet and not too noisy.

Thanks for this. Same problem I'm experiencing on the rear tyres and Bridgestone Er33.

I'll get a full alignment done and see if that dials it out 

On 9/14/2020 at 12:33 PM, Lex_1988 said:

Thanks for this. Same problem I'm experiencing on the rear tyres and Bridgestone Er33.

I'll get a full alignment done and see if that dials it out 

I believe @ColinBarber has a good recommendation for alignment.

From what I understand, there is a more optimal setting than what Lexus configure them from as they roll out of the factory.