Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Having Problems With S/c

SParkyWar

Hello,

can someone help me ?

Here is my problem with my IS200 S/C when i get around 5'000rpm I start earing the air bypassing and a lose power .... how can i fix that ? Is this the problem with the return spring ??

Many tanks

what exactly do u mean by the above - what sound are you hearing? also where the bypass valve is located you have a small spring there - is it a "normal type spring" or a "mouse trap style" spring??

also check that the bypass valve is moving freely and return to its normal position when released as this can sometimes stick .

EDIT: also make sure that you have the correct adjustment on the bypass cable otherwise this can also cause the probs you are having - the cable should be adjusted so the nuts are at the end of the threads ie when looking from the front of the car the nuts should be as far up the thread as possible.

let me know - sure we can solve it

do this problem alway happen with the standard TTE SC kit Zee?

no it doesnt - but it has been found that the original spring was a bit weak in returning the bypass valve when the throttle was released, so TTE brought out a newer style stronger spring which replaces the original.

Here is my problem with my IS200 S/C when i get around 5'000rpm I start earing the air bypassing and a lose power .... how can i fix that ? Is this the problem with the return spring ??

Where's the air leaking ??

Is it just a hose come lose somewhere? Intercooler maybe ?

do this problem alway happen with the standard TTE SC kit Zee?

no it doesnt - but it has been found that the original spring was a bit weak in returning the bypass valve when the throttle was released, so TTE brought out a newer style stronger spring which replaces the original.

rob,

how can we tell the difference ?

when did they uprate them ?

any pics available

the new style spring is a mouse trap style spring - the old version is a normal type spring - you will see easily if it has the new/old spring.

i cant do a pic for you now as im leaving for work in 15 mins, BUT i can get a pic for you this eves ( 2230hrs CET) if no one has posted one by then.

cheers rob

ps dont know when they brought out the upgrade.

Problem here is that the spring is too week and not returning fast enough.

I have placed my own spring there now... Can get some more if other members are interested..

Before this, I had the supplied spring, and then the mouse trap type... now i have this new one it's brill.

Problem here is that the spring is too week and not returning fast enough.

I have placed my own spring there now... Can get some more if other members are interested..

Before this, I had the supplied spring, and then the mouse trap type... now i have this new one it's brill.

how do you mean it doesnt return fast enough?? it snaps shut on mine - but then i have galvanised my bypass assy and have an anti friction coating on it - is your assy smooth in both directions steve???

ok,

so i have check my spring i have the old one :angry:

but the thing is i have a Bemani Kompressor not TTE so i can not request TTE to send me the new spring ...

I will check with Bemani to see if they have the new spring kit.

Thank you for all your help.

ok,

so i have check my spring i have the old one :angry:

but the thing is i have a Bemani Kompressor not TTE so i can not request TTE to send me the new spring ...

I will check with Bemani to see if they have the new spring kit.

Thank you for all your help.

Sparky - as far as I belive Bemani "is" the TTE kit, but with their name on it!

can you take a few pics of your supercharger etc so we can compare??

Rob.

If you have some qualities to share... you better share them :winky: ,I think mine works o.k. both ways...

Did the galvanise work? how much work was involved?

hi Steve, i galvanised the spring assy as i noticed it has a few minute rust spots on it when taking it from the packet - this involved a spray application - a few light coats 15 mins between coats (minimum) and spring is done - as for the bypass assy - a similar process, again a spray but this time an anti friction coating, removed the bypass valve and lever assy, sprayed that. if you look at the pics i have done u will notice that the bypass valve area is grey not silver like others this is the coating also, applied it ages ago and it is in perfect condition.

to check the valve moved freely i disconnected the cable and just moved the lever assy - there was some room for improvement - also i oiled the cable a bit - this helped a LOT.

Hi,

Bemani does the 205bhp directly now, and it's street legal for switerland.

The fact is that in Switzerland you can improve by 20% the horse power without having to passe a all bunch of tests.

Now that Bemani has got one of is modified cars to have all the tests done the standard horse power is 205bhp.

Fluff, if you want to contact Bemani i should have an e-mail addresse somewhere just PM me to have it .

Friday i will have the 45'000Km Service done ... so they will check the compressor belt ... modifing the cable setting didn't change anything.

Thank you.