Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

MKIV LS400 on eBay worth a punt?

I’ve got a MK3 LS400 which I’ve done a lot of work on and very happy with but I’m always looking at LS400’s for sale. I would like to buy a MKIV to see what the difference is but I’m not prepared to pay a lot of cash to find out! I have seen the one below for sale very near me which has peaked my interest, just wondered what people think about the car. Apart from the corrosion mentioned on the top of the windscreen it looks a decent car. Maybe it’s worth a punt?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/383716994156

Oh it looks like old baz car, the best lexus ls400 in the world, every lexus he has is the best. 

It looks nice, worth a punt. I'm not fond of the colour, but it looks okay. He had that up for £3500 on car and classic, he always over prices his cars, but when there's no interest, he drops the price as he's desperate to sell it. Offer him £1000

I think the difference are subtle but there:

• Mark 4 Key has 3 buttons Mark 3 key is seperate from the remote
  • Mark 4 feels alot lighter due to electronic throttle
  • Mark 4 has Xenon headlights
  • Mark 4 heated seats are more reliable
  • Mark 4 has the obvious touchscreen controls
  • Mark 4 seats are marginally softer
  • Mark 4 is marginally economical due to 5th gear
  • For me I found that in Mark 3 I got a thud when D is engaged on a cold start - this was less noticeable on the Mark 4

Given that you have done a lot of work to your current car - if you do buy this one you will probably start checking everything and OCD wil get the better of you and you will repeat the process lol

thats all i can think of

I went for that same colour and 98 year the colour was not my first choice but the car was mint and only 20k miles,I have had it eight years now and it is superb and as given me little or no problem and is still mint far better in every way than my mark 1.

• Like 1

“The best Lexus LS400 ever !” Volume 4, just like those CDs “ The best rock album ever 3”

I must admit “Old Baz” does turn his cars over repeatedly, I once asked him how his insurance company keeps up with him. He does seem to make an effort though on repairs and presentation.

On 9/12/2020 at 4:06 PM, cruisermark said:

I think the difference are subtle but there:

• Mark 4 Key has 3 buttons Mark 3 key is seperate from the remote
  • Mark 4 feels alot lighter due to electronic throttle
  • Mark 4 has Xenon headlights
  • Mark 4 heated seats are more reliable
  • Mark 4 has the obvious touchscreen controls
  • Mark 4 seats are marginally softer
  • Mark 4 is marginally economical due to 5th gear
  • For me I found that in Mark 3 I got a thud when D is engaged on a cold start - this was less noticeable on the Mark 4

Given that you have done a lot of work to your current car - if you do buy this one you will probably start checking everything and OCD wil get the better of you and you will repeat the process lol

thats all i can think of

Yep and I think the Mk4 is easier to work on cambelt wise.

The MK 4 performance is always mixed up with the earlier cars...I have seen 0-60mph time of 6.3 seconds listed for the MK4 and I believe it. 😀

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links