Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A bit of help with one particular RX450h and a company that is trying to sell it

7 hours ago, Barry14UK said:

"or go with SE-L and risk Air"

You might be interested in a post I will be making later today having first got a bit of shut eye and got details to hand about my very expensive visit to Lexus Cheltenham yesterday!

I shall await patiently!

While we're on the subjects of official dealerships, I sent an email to Lexus Reading saying I'm interested in one particular SE-L, got an email back next day asking what time I would prefer to be contacted to discuss details and purchase. I've replied that preferably 0900-1000 and after my reply Lexus rep went radio silent. No one called. Left home to work, came back in the evening. Radio silence. Went on Lexus used cars website, car is gone. While I understand someone probably just came and bought it while I was awaiting for contact back, complete lack of communication is not what you expect from 7 years of JD Power survey award in customer service.

But I won't give up! 

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, BartLexusFan said:

What does that mean to customers? I've googled them but can't find anything particularly good or bad about Jemca, so am I not the only one that was treated this way?

Jemca Group, based in the South do not set the World alight with its Customer Service. Neither do the other "big boys" who hold Lexus Franchises.

You have Vantage,Montys (Sheffield), RRG Group,closeish to you and Montys is by far, the shining Light according to reports Bart.

There are others but not had/read any poor reports from them.

Pinkstones at Stoke and Lexus Hull both get good reports.

• Like 2

Amazing, thank You so much for this. Very informative stuff. I did "experience" RRG in 2016 (Stockport branch, not sure who owned Manchester when it was still there) and indeed it was poor experience, but we're just people so thought maybe someone just had bad day (or week). A good colleague of mine, Monika S.(just in case someone from RRG is reading this and might want to know who it was after all this years), knowing how impressed I am with 2007 GS450h, went to RRG Stockport in 2016 to buy brand new GS450h Luxury, but apparently service was so appalling she left and bought a... Mondeo.

Again, maybe someone had a bad day or something, personal stuff happens, we're all human beings with feelings, but that's the experience I had with them.

Still better than BMW and Audi though (BMW close to Trafford, not the one in Manchester City centre). Me and my colleagues are all passionate bunch of people when it comes to cars, and a lot of times when someone gets a new/used/leased car from a dealer I tag along to experience their customer service. 

• Like 1

Thanks Bart,

I merely try to keep a watching on things Members say about their recent experiences with Lexus and Independents. My results are not based upon scientific methods and are subject to criticism. They are simply observations and can be deduced for themselves by any one who reads this Forum.

R.R.G.Group seems to comprise Stockport, Bolton and Bradford. I do not have any records of a sales outlet currently in Manchester.

Incidentally I think that you can group Mercedes along with Audi and BMW for poor/non-existent customer service..

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BartLexusFan said:

Still better than BMW and Audi though (BMW close to Trafford, not the one in Manchester City centre). Me and my colleagues are all passionate bunch of people when it comes to cars, and a lot of times when someone gets a new/used/leased car from a dealer I tag along to experience their customer service. 

I would love to do that ... tag along and watch customer service.

Sales people (NOT MEN - political correctness!) are there for the money and commission. They must try to judge if the potential customer is a tyre kicker. Once you have purchased the car MOST don't give a *****!

If I find a good one, I go back. Mark Singleton, manager at Mitsubishi Motorline Canterbury, knew how to talk and reassure customers. He wanted YOU, the customer, to be happy with the service they provided. No idea where Mark is now, but he was a real asset to his company. He instilled his ethos into his staff and castigated anyone, in front of customers, if they did not come up to his high standards. Mark had many repeat customer AND he believed in the brand. I don't care care if it was genuine or bullsh1t I felt he valued my custom.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Sales people (NOT MEN - political correctness!) are there for the money and commission. They must try to judge if the potential customer is a tyre kicker. Once you have purchased the car MOST don't give a *****!

If I find a good one, I go back. Mark Singleton, manager at Mitsubishi Motorline Canterbury, knew how to talk and reassure customers. He wanted YOU, the customer, to be happy with the service they provided. No idea where Mark is now, but he was a real asset to his company. He instilled his ethos into his staff and castigated anyone, in front of customers, if they did not come up to his high standards. Mark had many repeat customer AND he believed in the brand. I don't care care if it was genuine or bullsh1t I felt he valued my custom.

You are so right David "its people wot matters "

It is not what they say, it is what they do.

• Like 3

On 9/14/2020 at 8:02 PM, BartLexusFan said:

In the end I walked away and never bothered coming back. As much as I would love SE-L without Air, it's just not worth it. I bought cars in the past where I thought "nah I'm gonna fix that in the future", and never did. I'm in no rush now, I'll wait for my model. I had Lexus card bought from LOC members, that were in brand new showroom condition having 108.000 Miles on the clock, but I also bought another Lexus from LOC member that turned out to be a lemon after 300 Miles. I had cars with FSH that failed after 1000 Miles, and part service history that lasted me 4 years with me just doing basic stuff like brakes and oils. Shame SE-I with sunroof is such a rarity, and I would have to fork out extra for Advance, or go with SE-L and risk Air, but I'll see about that. Might actually see if I can fork out something extra from my pocket and maybe buy used from Lexus directly if I can't find anything. As daft as it sounds I just love sunroo, but each to their own 🙂 Thank You all for Your contribution, there's a lot of food for thought with that. 

You might have a Lex addiction 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Werewolf334 said:

Whats the cost on something like this?

It cost me around £100.00 for the kit including colour matching. Labour wise probably 10 hours per seat but the first one took longer.

You get an airbrush with the kit which is useless along with the 1 can of propellant, I already had a compressor so bought a mini spray gun.

Finally managed to find a decent (I think) example. Started off with looking for SE-I/SE-L for up to 13k, potentially will end up with Luxury for 16k. Paid deposit, car will be taken off sale tomorrow morning. While I would prefer an Advance (because of sunroof) or SE-L/Premier it's really hard to find something within budget from half-reputable dealer (that would be regulated by FCA, which is major requirement from my bank). There's like a Premier for £14k or £15k, but when my bank did some searching on it, turns out it's someone selling cars from home. Mine is currently at Lexus Cardiff, and should be ready for sale on Saturday. Now, I say should, as I didn't really understand why. The sales person told me it's being prepared, but wouldn't give me details. 

Now because I've experienced "It's being prepared" not that long ago (my first post from this topic), I had flashbacks of wing mirrors falling off and DRLs not working again, but hopefully "being prepared by technicians" means something else when being purchased used from Lexus directly. If I find a decent Premier from at least 2010 by next week or two, where I can get lexus warranty on top for 16k I'll happily take the plunge, but it looks like it's going to be Luxury (which looks like SE-I with spindle grille, DRLs and 7gen nav), and it's not that bad actually. 

93B2D2D6-CEBD-4D29-9578-AFEB3688A6F4.jpeg

E109A85F-D205-44DA-9967-F8344B1AA21F.jpeg

3F6F88A3-3542-48CE-903F-BD09C8B936B7.jpeg

0F09EF2F-C461-4B56-B5CC-5FB739742CC8.jpeg

• Like 2

On 9/22/2020 at 7:48 PM, Spacewagon52 said:

I enquired about that one! They said it had been sold! 🤦‍♂️

I've paid a deposit for it last Sunday, but for one reason or another Lexus kept it on auto trader and their website till like Wednesday 😐 Was told it's going to be taken off on Monday. To be honest the whole buying experience isn't the gratest. 

"We may have it ready for You for Saturday. Or we may not. We may have it ready for Friday, but that's not 100% guaranteed. But we need money by close of play Friday" which means I would have to pay before I even view the car. I know it's Lexus dealership so it's less likely to be a scam, but seriously. If I wouldn't like to get this particular example so much I would have walked away, seriously. I understand that selling £15k car isn't as important £55k brand new RX450h, but if I wanted to feel less valued I'd go and pick up a X5 from BMW.

11 minutes ago, BartLexusFan said:

I've paid a deposit for it last Sunday, but for one reason or another Lexus kept it on auto trader and their website till like Wednesday 😐 Was told it's going to be taken off on Monday. To be honest the whole buying experience isn't the gratest. 

"We may have it ready for You for Saturday. Or we may not. We may have it ready for Friday, but that's not 100% guaranteed. But we need money by close of play Friday" which means I would have to oy before I even view the car. I know it's Lexus dealership so it's less likely to be a scam, but seriously. If I wouldn't like to get this particular example so much I would have walked away, seriously. I understand that selling £15k car isn't as important £55k brand new RX450h, but if I wanted to feel less valued I'd go and pick up a X5 from BMW.

Well it is Motorline!

4 minutes ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Well it is Motorline!

Jemca Group, Motorline... I haven't got much luck with the "Dealers" by the looks of it. Looking how Motorline is selling (or actually not selling?) the RX450h I've paid deposit for, has anyone heard of The Car Arena? I'd like to have a plan B in case something on Motorline side doesn't pan out "we knew you're coming but we sold the car anyway".

So, Car Arena Something feels weirdly odd about the rear bumper, but I can't put my finger on it. It's not the weirdly knocked far left parking sensor, but more the colour of the bumper. Or is it just me and I need to book Specsavers soon Gents? And the seats. Them dammed seats. 68.000 Miles. Someone had knives sticking out of their pockets?

A53D941E-0022-40ED-B34D-A7D59F06973A.jpeg

F09B4B40-C578-4859-B654-0145E678855F.jpeg

4D479939-1AE4-48DB-BEF5-C2FD2FC61AF2.jpeg

3CBAD414-E24B-4348-BF00-0AA1EB99A339.jpeg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links