Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I recommend the Syncwire phone holder:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Syncwire-Car-Phone-Mount-Scratch-free/dp/B07HNTCVFK/ref=sxts_sxwds-bia-wc-p13n1_0?cv_ct_cx=syncwire+phone+holder&dchild=1&keywords=syncwire+phone+holder&pd_rd_i=B07HNTCVFK&pd_rd_r=8ac20d4e-3479-4da3-8bf8-2bd87cef7e5a&pd_rd_w=TlerD&pd_rd_wg=ASKJh&pf_rd_p=ac0d213e-cad1-4b95-959d-53d1eaa5f88f&pf_rd_r=4V0017QVPV3SVEMV4C8Y&psc=1&qid=1599949814&sr=1-1-e4abe256-0722-424e-a8a3-6caa9bba7df8

We have this holder in our three cars. In each case, it is clipped to the airvent to the right of the steering wheel.

My wife and son boy have Iphone 11. Mine is a Samsung Note 10 plus... Can't get much bigger than that, but it fits nicely in the holder.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10 Plus using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

I use one of these from http://cdslotmount.com/ and it works perfectly.

It doesn't interfere with playing CDs if that's your thing, it doesn't scratch or mark in any way whatsoever, and it just does what it says on the tin.

cdmount1.thumb.jpg.d20e77f832e0645bbd69829d8aa69643.jpg

cdmount2.thumb.jpg.5e97dd0b44acdda8031993eb24ee7ee9.jpg

cdmount3.thumb.jpg.959d3c011f6cc6ac96965647e7e6b28e.jpg

I don't like having to plug a USB adapter into the cig/power socket so I've also installed a dedicated USB socket to plug my phone into.

IMG_20200531_162259.thumb.jpg.ce3a2b846e67affebc7cac3163caf9dc.jpg

• Like 1

The only place you really should be putting your sat nav is a sucker type holder bottom right of the windscreen or just below the interior mirror if it doesn't obstruct your view of the road .placing it in the centre dash area constantly takes your eyes of the road especially when near junctions and round about as your trying to guess which junction or roundabout exit .This is just a conversation I had with a motorway police officer I had a while back and this was his view .

25 minutes ago, Saskiafinleywaffles said:

I thought might have to resort to this, wondering if it’s worth getting a wired in cable to avoid trailing wires unless mount the adapter around the centre console area, cd mount etc and use the 12v point as you mentioned. 

There's no way to do it without a trailing wire. I could have installed the USB socket anywhere except that there isn't any suitable place except the centre console. You may be able to feed the phone wire up the console somehow to poke it out nearer the phone but I doubt it. Just grin and bear it.

6 hours ago, Lager shandy said:

The only place you really should be putting your sat nav is a sucker type holder bottom right of the windscreen or just below the interior mirror if it doesn't obstruct your view of the road .placing it in the centre dash area constantly takes your eyes of the road especially when near junctions and round about as your trying to guess which junction or roundabout exit .This is just a conversation I had with a motorway police officer I had a while back and this was his view .

Just to play Devil's Advocate:

1. Yes, bottom right-hand corner of the screen is probably the best place but that would leave sucker marks, indicating that there's probably a nice, expensive device in there to nick.
  2. Oh look where Lexus have mounted their satnav/infotainment screen - centre dash. Unless you have eyes like Marty Feldman then even if you don't move your head, you'll still need to move your eyes from looking out of the windscreen to look at the nav screen.
  3. A good driver should have within his skillbase an understanding of when it's safe to take his eyes off the road ahead to glance at the nav screen, no matter where it's placed.
  4. Watch any programme like Police Interceptors or Road Wars and see how often those guys take their eyes off the screen to press buttons or adjust something.
  5. If it really was such a problem then the driver should not have access to any switches, buttons, clocks or whatever, but just keep looking ahead out of the windscreen.
  • Like 2

What about https://www.amazon.co.uk/OMOTON-Wireless-Charger-Clamping-Charging/dp/B08BFZZP77/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=wireless+phone+charger+car&qid=1600006137&sr=8-8

It is a wireless phone charger, and it auto closes/opens, and if you are able to hide the wiring, could look pretty cool/be a nice gadget 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2020 at 4:16 PM, Saskiafinleywaffles said:

Finally got round to fitting the brodit holder, cannibalised the adapter from the old Mercedes. Very easy to fit and doesn’t obscure vents etc

8D829183-8B6D-400F-8DC7-19B897333550.jpeg

A8C2F32A-F0E1-4514-8EE7-FB0691996B99.jpeg

• Like 2