Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

gs300 SE car alarm problem and locking

I own a lexus gs300 SE. but it has developed a problem, whenever i arm the alarm, about thirty seconds later it goes off (horn and lights flash). Do you have any ideas to what the problem might be and how to solve it? Also when i hit the lock button on my remote the lights blink once, when i hit it again the lights blink again and when i hit it for the third time the lights flash 5 times. Is this normal?:?::?:

Originally posted by PI100

I own a lexus gs300 SE. but it has developed a problem, whenever i arm the alarm, about thirty seconds later it goes off (horn and lights flash). Do you have any ideas to what the problem might be and how to solve it? Also when i hit the lock button on my remote the lights blink once, when i hit it again the lights blink again and when i hit it for the third time the lights flash 5 times. Is this normal?

In my experience, this is often the bonnet sensor - give the bonnet a good slam and see what happens.

I have had the alarm go off intermittently, it happened mostly when I opened the garage door.

It was cured by the dealer turning down the sensitivity of the alarms internal sensers.