Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Power Rear Door

I've been fitting a Vline audio system over the last couple of days on my 2007 RX400H (bear with me here) and while setting it up (a bit of a bugger) on acc key setting, the small 12v Battery went a bit flat.  I put a booster on it and started the car ok, and ran it for about 10 miles today.

The problem is that the rear door now will not open or close in response to pressing any of the actuating buttons either inside the car or on the remote.  Central locking is fine, and if I close the hatch manually I can hear the lock at the bottom click in.

Is there a fuse for the opening motor?  I can't find anything obvious in the fuse boxes under the bonnet.  Maybe an inhibitor switch is faulty?  Maybe it runs off the little Battery and it's still not charged enough to move it?

Any help appreciated.

• Like 1

There's a little push switch in or by the side of the glove box to isolate it. You've probably hit it by mistake so just give it a push and try again. Open the glove box and it'll be on the right-hand side.

• Like 2

Herbie, you are a genius!!!  Sure enough, there it was.  I obviously hit it while I was feeding cables into the glovebox for the Vline.

It's people like you who make this forum a pleasure to be a part of.  I hope when I get to know a bit more about the car, I'll be able to help as well.

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links