Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Key Programming

3 hours ago, Superduner said:

What is wrong with my car?!?!

None of the above procedures work for me.  I never get the confirmation lock/unlock after step 9.  I must have tried 20 or 30 times by now.

I've just asked CKO for a phone number so I can actually have a chat with them.

Failing that, I'm going to get up early tomorrow and sacrifice a black cockerel at sunrise while reciting the first page of the manual backwards.  It's got about as much chance as anything else I've tried.

I just followed this video to programme my key. Did it myself with Techstream for the imm0obiliser and the door open/close thing for the remote locking. From 3:40 it shows the remote locking larning routine: 

48 minutes ago, Superduner said:

Tried this from Delphius and the alarm now sounds when I open the door with the new key, but the engine will start.

The buttons do not programme, exactly as before.

Toyota here I come.

Did you try my suggestion of doing steps 1-9 with your original key?

Did you try moving the car 20ft away or maybe around the block somewhere in case of local interference?

Things like baby monitors, garage and/or gate openers and the like can create havoc with the key fobs.

49 minutes ago, Superduner said:

It's booked in to Toyota on Monday morning for them to do it all the official way (Techstream) using the virgin key from CKO.

So the cockerel lives.  For now.

It can't be done by Techstream, which is why the workshop manual has the same steps as I printed out above and why the video above only becomes relevant to your predicament at 3min 40sec, where he ignores the computer and starts the 'magic shuffle'.

They can, however, do it by use of the 'Intelligent Tester' that they have, which does make the job a lot easier.

• 2 months later...
On 9/13/2020 at 9:04 PM, m4rkw said:

No, it's a simple process you can easily do yourself. I'm surprised a professional auto locksmith wouldn't jump on this chance to make some easy money!

See Herbie's post for the sequence

Auto locksmiths won't miss such chances of making keys and earn money.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, rx400h owner said:

I tried all of the above 100 times or more, and it never does the final step where the door locks and then unlocks.  

It's got to be your timings. All the information is in the thread and is correct, so it can only be that you're not getting the timings correct (they are critical) or maybe you have a fault somewhere.

It can't be the timing.  I watched a video of a guy where it works for him, and I followed his timing.  The only thing in his timing that was slightly different from mine to begin with was the ending where you turn the key on and then off.  After adjusting to the way he did it, which was a slightly longer pause, there was no change.  I tried it all.  

I did it successfully on my RX, but on the video above at 4:30 when he takes the key out of the ignition, my RX took a few seconds to register. It took about 15 seconds for the locks to cycle after taking the key out of the ignition. I was jumping the gun and pressing buttons on the key before the locks cycled, hence messing things up.

About the seventh time of trying, I realised the locks weren't cycling, so a waited and eventually after 15 seconds they cycled and then I pressed the lock/unlock buttons together for a couple of seconds on the key and then straight after releasing those, pressed a different button.

That then seemed to work.

• Like 2