Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Took my SC 430 around the NC 500

ThomasLexus94

Hey everyone,

I am not long back from taking my Lexus SC 430 around the north coast 500 (NC 500). I actually managed just over 700 miles in 3 days in the SC. 
I highly recommend the route to anyone that is yet to travel around the north of Scotland?

My top tip would be to top up your fuel when you can as the petrol stations are few and far between! 
Please see some photos of my travel below 🙂
Enjoy, Thomas

IMG_2005.JPG

IMG_2008.JPG

IMG_2011.JPG

• Like 2

15 hours ago, dandydons said:

It's a great trip . I did it this summer too but took a week . Is the last picture looking towards Kishorn from the Applecross Road . .? Nice looking sc430 too . 

Good eye, yeah it is near the Applecross section of the route!
Did you take your ISF?

15 hours ago, dandydons said:

It's a great trip . I did it this summer too but took a week . Is the last picture looking towards Kishorn from the Applecross Road . .? Nice looking sc430 too . 

I also made a video of my trip if you wish to see my SC 430 on the NC 500 in more detail? 🙂

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/15/2020 at 11:19 AM, royoftherovers said:

Enjoyed that Thomas, thanks.

Drove back from Cromarty last week in the GS,via Inverness, Loch Ness Fort William, Loch Lomond,Glasgow, M74, M6, M53 to Wirral.

Wow that is some drive!! how did you find it?

Scotland is very deceiving when it comes to distance, been up there a few times for SSE and Scottish Hydro.

Had to travel to a Wick once and got around Edinburgh with the sat nav still showing nearly 200 miles to go, turned it off and on threatened it with an open window exit really not believing it was nearly another 4 hours drive.

Same with Skye, crossed the bridge and sat nav said 35 miles.....same argument with nav along with thinking “it’s only a little island” but with roads like an alpine pass and complete darkness yes it was another hour away.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ThomasLexus94 said:

Did you camp?  I found it hard to find accommodation 😕

sometimes a little challenging to find overnight accommodation BUT we always did, flexible on price thankfully and invariably found a suitable B&B somewhere

Not quite sure what Brexit will do for european tourists visiting though once covid has vanished !  We were certainly competing with the Germans for roadspace in their campers

Malc

• Like 1

Great video Thomas. Lovely roads to drive on. Did you bag any Munros on the tour?

I shall be up in the Highlands again before the year is out I'm sure. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2020 at 11:44 AM, Neil E said:

Great video Thomas. Lovely roads to drive on. Did you bag any Munros on the tour?

I shall be up in the Highlands again before the year is out I'm sure. 

Thanks Neil, sadly not. I will aim to climb one next year when the weather is better 🙂
Aww you should!

On 10/21/2020 at 9:13 PM, paulrnx said:

Had to cancel our NC500 trip at end March 2020 due to the lockdown. We’ll be up there next year if we can. Great pics and a great video. Cheers

Aww sorry to hear!! Yeah something to look forward to in 2021!!
No worries, thanks for watching 🙂

• Like 1

Recently in the Highlands but sadly not in the SC430 this time. Just watched your latest vid.  Very good but you need to try the 'go faster' button and if your lights are poor the bulbs may need replacing and or they may be set too low. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links