Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX Depreciation

Looking at 2014-2015 NX vs RX, seems to me the NX held it value better than the RX.

Using RX value declines for a 2015 model to a 2010 model is about £8-£10k (£1.5-£2k a year), is it fair to assume an NX 2015 model at 17k will be worth 7k in 5 years time?

I try to minimise depreciation as I only drive about 2-3k miles a year (to ALDI and back), plus the occasional trip out of town. Time to move on from the 20y old golf cabriolet and into a family car with isofix, comforts, boot space etc

The RX problem vs the NX is that the RX is too big for European / UK roads & City .  Much easier to park a NX in downtown Paris or London . 

i was looking to buy a RX last week and they are still very pricey here in France . For a 2015/2016 car with approximately 60 000/ 80 000 it' still 40 000 euros. i finally decide to go on a NX that i found yesterday : NX F Sports ( Full Options ) with 17 k km 2 years 37 000 euros ( pricey too ) . 

i just think that French or UK people juste wanna have a Compact SUV. 

RX is for the US .... 

BUT the RX is **** beautifulllllllll ( Gen 4 ) 

• Like 2

RX is a more expensive vehicle so depreciation is going to be higher in actual monetary terms compared to the NX even if percentage wise it is the same.

There are two main reasons for the higher depreciation on the RX - the series III is no longer the current generation, once a new model comes out the older one get affected. Secondly, it has higher running costs so it less desirable the older it gets.

• 4 weeks later...

Currently looking at NX 300 s around 2 to 5 years and I’m surprised how expensive they are , when is the new model coming out ? I’m hoping the second hand ones will drop in value then 

My third gen RX450h is really bigger than I need but I like the comfort and that smooth V6.  I see they have a new Harrier in Japan which I like the look of.  It uses the Rav 4 platform with latest engine but to my eye looks more stylish perhaps helped by being longer although using same wheelbase.  I wonder whether the replacement NX will look similar when it is eventually replaced.  If so I will have a look at it. https://global.toyota/en/newsroom/toyota/32732641.html