Gregory Jones

Beep Beep sound

Hi, I am new to ownership of a 2016 CT200H. I have noticed that the car makes a rapid beep beep sound every now and again. At first I thought this was a change of speed limit warning, but this does not appear to be the case. Does any body have the answer to what this noise is supposed to indicate?

Do you have the sat nav displayed at the time? It beeps when approaching a fixed speed camera.

As above or do you have the lane departure warning system turned on (if you have this), it makes a similar beeping noise.

Thanks, I did have the Sat Nav turned on, I don't have lane departure on my car so it must be the speed camera warning.

It's good to know it is not an EMC warning,

Thanks Guys

Speed camera warning works even without being on the satnav screen, at least it does in mine 🙂

• Like 3

I am smiling because I had that today, only 4 days driving my CT200h, it took awhile to see that it was the camera warning 🙂

• Like 1

While broadly speaking of the satnav, does the Lexus come with a lifetime update possibility? Mine is a used car and while the satnav works there are a few road speed changes I notice that are not up to date.

thanks in anticipation.