Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Beep Beep sound

Gregory Jones

Hi, I am new to ownership of a 2016 CT200H. I have noticed that the car makes a rapid beep beep sound every now and again. At first I thought this was a change of speed limit warning, but this does not appear to be the case. Does any body have the answer to what this noise is supposed to indicate?

While broadly speaking of the satnav, does the Lexus come with a lifetime update possibility? Mine is a used car and while the satnav works there are a few road speed changes I notice that are not up to date.

thanks in anticipation.

not a cat in hells chance of lexus providing a lifetime update for the sat nav.

lexus will charge circa £150 for an update,

if your nav is on a micro sd card then you can buy them off satnav web sites

and update the system yourself, if not its a dealer upgrade sorry

• Thanks 1

On 9/26/2020 at 9:26 PM, Barry A said:

I am very happy with the update that i was able to instal - cost £38.99.  maps dated 2019

What year is your car, please, and where is the SD card slot? I fear mine (2018) is dealer only. 

• 2 months later...
On 9/26/2020 at 9:26 PM, Barry A said:

I am very happy with the update that i was able to instal - cost £38.99.  maps dated 2019

Mine has SD-micro too. Shall I just take the card out and put a new in or shall I update the old card?

On 9/15/2020 at 9:17 AM, Gregory Jones said:

Hi, I am new to ownership of a 2016 CT200H. I have noticed that the car makes a rapid beep beep sound every now and again. At first I thought this was a change of speed limit warning, but this does not appear to be the case. Does any body have the answer to what this noise is supposed to indicate?

First, I thought it was telling me I was going faster than speed limit informed on the navigation system, then I thought it was warning beeps coming from radar system when other cars were coming too close as the beeps also came when not driving too fast.

Radar is activating brakes when using cruise control and cars in front of me slow down so maybe the radar is telling that there is something I should look out for.

The Lexus cars have a lot more electronic systems than I thought possible at first. Turning lights on when approaching, unlocking when toughing the door handle and telling me that moon roof is open when pressing parking button.

Pretty sure I will find more things in the car that will impress/surprise me. Only car I ever had as long as 10 years was a Golf. Now I hope this one will last at least as long as I can continue to get my drivers license renewed.