Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone have info on this RCF please? FN15 VFT

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202009023212640?atmobcid=soc5

Morning all

I am going to view this RCF at the weekend....wondering if anyone on here knows it or better still owned it?

Looking at the history it was probably bought new in Derby and then quickly moved to Canterbury, Kent for most of its life.

I have never seen the light grey interior before, I like it, but seen as I have not seen it before does that mean its unpopular? Would I experience trouble trying to sell it on?

Mileage not a concern, as I do not commute in a car I will keep it down during my ownership adding 3000-4000 per year.

6 year / 60k service will be next up too, what is the cost of this at the main dealer please?

Any other advice for viewing these cars would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bill

Ok that's good, I am not mad then 🙂

I think all it needs is some privacy glass as the lighter interior is very apparent from outside....was the same on my IS250 which had same colour interior. I tinted the windows and transformed the look from outside. Inside a nice surprise when you open a door.

Thanks 

• Like 1

Full 60k Service is £920 but with your gold membership you can get 10-15% off iirc.
Double check the brake disks and pads as they can add up. Check for any leaks, anything that looks out of the ordinary, panel gaps, colour differences, correct and same brand tyres on each axle. 

Discs are brembo, rear pads textar and fronts are EBC yellow. I enjoy the performance of OEM pads, but not the dust and noise. Prior to installing EBC red on the front, the noise was ridiculous and could be heard inside the cabin. Drove me nuts in the summer with the windows down.

If you have a RC-F, GS-F or LC and its still under warranty Lexus should change the pads for free if you complain about squealing, I had my RC-F and LC pads changed, and did not have any more problems.

This car seems to be the top spec non-carbon with TVD, sunroof, adaptive cruise and Mark Levinson. So all good there. 

I bought mine privately last year at a similar mileage and the same age. I’m now at 64k miles and from my experience my costs have been....

as already mentioned above I soon had to get pads (Lexus dealer price for 4 was £1000) and 4 tyres. And then the Battery died. I bought a 3 year service plan to cover the 60k - 80k services. I also bought a 2 year Lexus warranty which they agreed without seeing the car as it had just had its 50K service. Cost £995.

No mechanical issues, but had a new head unit under warranty as CD player packed up. On early RCFs the anti glare coating on the infotainment screen scratches easily so look closely. There is a technical service bulletin about it but not sure that will give you much leverage if you get a non Lexus warranty. But it may have been done. The outer bolsters on the drivers seat are very pronounced and so take a battering. Mine are black so can’t help with wear on the light ones. The paint is quite soft and chips easily.

Good luck with the viewing.

I second the service plan (I got 60k-80k service plan myself) if you go down the Lexus servicing route. Spread the cost interest free 👍

The only issue I've had in 2 years was the seatbelt alarm going off without any passengers onboard. Was an intermittent issue and used Carista to disable the warning sound as I was out of warranty. I also used it to configure the car to my liking which was an added bonus.

Well the dealer cancelled my appointment tomorrow, the car is at bodyshop for stone chips and wont be back till Monday....disappointed and deflated.

Its an hours drive for me and cant really get there apart from weekends, but being away next weekend I think I might have to settle with going Monday evening and look at it under the indoor lighting. If I do like it, will not pay deposit till ive seen it in the daylight.

On 9/16/2020 at 6:25 PM, wendle said:

If you have a RC-F, GS-F or LC and its still under warranty Lexus should change the pads for free if you complain about squealing, I had my RC-F and LC pads changed, and did not have any more problems.

They will not change on the GS F - the Technical Service Bulletin does not cover the GS in the UK 😞 I had this 'conversation' with Lexus.

Replaced them with EBC on the front and PowerStop on the rear.

6 hours ago, Billnick said:

Off to see the blue one on Autotrader tonight....cant wait.

Though I have been chatting a fellow member about his BETTER example so all depends how much I want a sunroof and 2 tone interior.....

How was it?

There is not doubt having seen my first one in the flesh tonight, the RCF is an incredible machine and I love it more than I did before.

However, this particular example isnt for me.

There were a few niggly bits on it and coupled with the fact that the dealer knew nothing about these cars, I was happy to walk.

He said he has 2 others interested, one of which already viewed the white one on AT....anyone on here?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Billnick said:

However, this particular example isnt for me.

There were a few niggly bits on it and coupled with the fact that the dealer knew nothing about these cars, I was happy to walk.

Sorry to hear that. Appears to be niggly bits with three of the current five on AT. The black one with the Armytrix exhaust was previously 'wrapped' a weird colour and was owned by a youtuber who blings his cars and the grey one advertised with a full dealership history doesn't have a full dealership history. It was sold back into the trade from an Audi dealer last month and suddenly had £2500 added to its screen price. The low mileage 18 plate has been sat there for months. 

Us Lexus owners are a bit different, we expect perfection......The dealer definitely did not appreciate this. Though he says he has 2 people he is confident will put down a deposit so we will probably see it drop off AT soon.

He had the bonnet in for stone chips and bird poo staining.....upon inspection I found the bonnet to be misaligned up in the top passenger side corner. He explained that the bonnet came off for full respray which disappointed me. I mean it looked amazing with a fresh coat of paint, but didn't fill me with confidence that this body shop could not do better.

Plus there was a dent on the passenger rear qtr which the dealer said he couldn't see.

Coupled with higher mileage and no warranty.....I was happy to walk....the dealer was not happy at me walking that was for sure!

However, someone will find it a home I am sure. I am just looking for a perfectly looked after one....and I think I might have just done that via the forum 😉 watch this space.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Billnick said:

Us Lexus owners are a bit different, we expect perfection......The dealer definitely did not appreciate this.

That's the problem. Within reason we do expect perfection. So a Lexus main dealer has the below car for sale. Its a Lexus Used Approved vehicle at price you would expect from a Lexus dealer (ie quite high). Lets be honest it won't be perfect due to age and mileage but you'd get comfort thats its approved...but read on. 

spacer.png

What they won't tell you is that the wonderful specimen above is the one on the right below. 

spacer.png

Here it is stuck in a field. 

spacer.png

Welcome to the world of trying to buy the perfect RCF :wink3: