Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone have info on this RCF please? FN15 VFT

Wow. 
I assumed that a Lexus dealer wouldn’t selling a car with an after market exhaust (other than a Quicksilver) as I was under the impression that such an exhaust would void the warranty. 

There are lots of videos of this car on you tube. He is called Black Panther. I wouldn't buy this car, it hasn't had a pampered life as such. If you wanted a track car this would be fine but it is way too expensive for the mileage etc. 

21 minutes ago, F.A. said:

Wow. 
I assumed that a Lexus dealer wouldn’t selling a car with an after market exhaust (other than a Quicksilver) as I was under the impression that such an exhaust would void the warranty. 

The salesman at Tunbridge Wells branch said to me on Sunday you would probably get them to include the standard exhaust in the deal...or at least swap it back for you.

29 minutes ago, Jez. W said:

There are lots of videos of this car on you tube. He is called Black Panther. I wouldn't buy this car, it hasn't had a pampered life as such. If you wanted a track car this would be fine but it is way too expensive for the mileage etc. 

Imagine shelling out £30k at a Lexus dealer only to later be pointed in the direction of Mr Panthaas videos or do we think Lexus Nottingham will be totally upfront :whistling:

spacer.png 

Sod’s law applying in that the Nottingham one is the closest to me but also the,err...least desirable.

That car should be bound for the auctions,I’m really surprised that a Lexus dealer is trying to retail it

On 9/22/2020 at 5:59 PM, doog442 said:

That's the problem. Within reason we do expect perfection. So a Lexus main dealer has the below car for sale. Its a Lexus Used Approved vehicle at price you would expect from a Lexus dealer (ie quite high). Lets be honest it won't be perfect due to age and mileage but you'd get comfort thats its approved...but read on. 

spacer.png

What they won't tell you is that the wonderful specimen above is the one on the right below. 

spacer.png

Here it is stuck in a field. 

spacer.png

Welcome to the world of trying to buy the perfect RCF :wink3:

Is that quad pushing it with what appears to be a bale wow! that's erm erm I'm lost for words. 

Having just found out about the special 6 stage paint that is the Azure Blue, I would urge anybody that goes to view this blue RCF down in deep kent to inspect the body very very carefully. As mentioned above the dealer had the bonnet resprayed and although it looked good on the surface, I was looking at it completely unaware of the special paint required. I am also 99% sure his back street body shop did not blend in the wings or bumper as he asked them to take it off the car.....

This is not to put people off, just beware 🙂

On 9/22/2020 at 6:42 PM, F.A. said:

Wow. 

I got told by Hedge End that fitting an aftermarket exhaust would be fine and they have multiple customers running aftermarket exhaust and warrantys.

Just now, C.B said:

I got told by Hedge End that fitting an aftermarket exhaust would be fine and they have multiple customers running aftermarket exhaust and warrantys.

What about removal of the resonator hmmmmm?

I am planning to do that, as many have in the US....keep it for welding back in when needed.

I cant see that being an issue. I asked via email to make sure I had something in writing.

I would be wary of drone doing that though, the US lot dont seem to have a problem with bleeding ear drums given the exhaust mods some do to their daily drivers.

• 3 weeks later...

The black one with Armytrix.... seems to have the Bluetooth dongle/remote sensor missing to active the opening closing of the valves, you should see it sticking out under dash as it connects into the OBD port as with my one 

see pic58856C87-A203-4F9F-B4B1-054ED072FF0C.thumb.jpeg.19206452d9796c0077b989bc7fe9528d.jpeg

A 15 plate red RCF with 35,000 on the clock briefly appeared on AT for £26500 at Lexus, Sidcup earlier this week. It was sold before they could put the pictures up. 

Anyone on here ? 

4 minutes ago, doog442 said:

A 15 plate red RCF with 35,000 on the clock briefly appeared on AT for £26500 at Lexus, Sidcup earlier this week. It was sold before they could put the pictures up. 

Anyone on here ? 

I noticed this.

When you peruse Autotrader as a regular sad habit,as I do,you tend to notice only a few cars every year that look very underpriced...I tend to think this was one of them and someone swooped in and snapped it up...good luck to them.

I can’t think the dealership lost money on it,so someone got a poor trade in price.

All speculation of course...