Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

VSC lights are on?

peasoup39

A few days ago my VSC light and the off light came on. Took it to my garage for OBD plug in but it showed no faults. Repeated the test after a few days and still it showed no faults  and would not put the lights out.

Anybody any idea where i start to look with no fault located.

24 minutes ago, peasoup39 said:

A few days ago my VSC light and the off light came on. Took it to my garage for OBD plug in but it showed no faults. Repeated the test after a few days and still it showed no faults  and would not put the lights out.

Anybody any idea where i start to look with no fault located.

Next time it happens take it to the garage and read the codes without switching the engine off

The lights are on all the time and i cannot put them out with the switch. However when i last took it to my garage i did switch off before he tested it. I will try that tomorrow Thanks

Seal on the fuel cap is fine and cap is always tight. Whats the relevance of that to this problem?

I would take it to a different garage or a main dealer to get the code read. There are a few common faults that will cause the engine light and the VSC light to come on. When a fault code exists, those lights will come on together and they don't necessarily indicate a fault with the VSC. It could be an O2 sensor, leaking exhaust, yaw sensor, abs sensor or perhaps the zero point calibration needs resetting, without the code, it's anyone's guess.

(A loose fuel cap or poor seal can sometimes throw a code) You could try disconnecting the Battery earth lead for a minute to see if the fault clears but even if it does it's likely to return sooner than later.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

mine did the same...then the engine light began to stay on as well as both VSC lights. MY OBD11 read out said it was `heater control circuit low bank2 sensor1. Took it to Lexus who got the same reading...it was the Oxygen Sensor1 on the manifold. Fitted new sensor, all ok now.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links