There is a SE-L on AT right now ( no link added as it won’t be there for ever!) that is up for top dollar money because it as only got 17,300 miles on for a ‘57 plate, So as the title says is this good or possibly not so good for a 13/14 year old top quality motor? ( can’t check details as no reg visible)

paul m.

Note: weirdly it Has got Moonroof but no multimedia package!

9 minutes ago, Texas said:

There is a SE-L on AT right now ( no link added as it won’t be there for ever!) that is up for top dollar money because it as only got 17,300 miles on for a ‘57 plate, So as the title says is this good or possibly not so good for a 13/14 year old top quality motor? ( can’t check details as no reg visible)

Not good in my opinion. That averages out to a maximum of about 1330 miles/year, so it's not been driven much, very likely has spent long periods sat undriven. If there's evidence it has been stored well with fluids drained etc then maybe, but I would much prefer loads of miles to very few.

Ring them in the morning for the reg. So long as it's done 1k+ miles each year I'd say you're good to go.

For that money I'd certainly want a Lexus dealer stamp every year but there's no mention of what would be a good selling point. It's knocking on main dealer price and they insist on such things plus include a year's comprehensive warranty. But it looks mint and if it's as good as it looks I'd consider it a "new" car and have no problem buying it.

Ok...so if I drive like Miss Daisy I can get excess of 40 ( indicated) MPG so Avg of 1330 per year then that could amount to less than 3-4 tanks of fuel! So I’m with you on ‘Not good’ so far as petrol goes stale and turns nasty in the process ( sticky, slimy & Staines like a varnish)

1 minute ago, rich1068 said:

Ring them in the morning for the reg. So long as it's done 1k+ miles each year I'd say you're good to go.

For that money I'd certainly want a Lexus dealer stamp every year but there's no mention of what would be a good selling point. It's knocking on main dealer price and they insist on such things plus include a year's comprehensive warranty. But it looks mint and if it's as good as it looks I'd consider it a "new" car and have no problem buying it.

I won’t be phoning them as I am not actually in the market for a 250 as I already have a peachy one ( ISF then you’re talking!) but wanted a discussion on the pro/con points.

Ah, fair enough. I tend to assume everyone has the same terrible affliction as me. Autotraderitis. No cure.

10 minutes ago, Texas said:

Ok...so if I drive like Miss Daisy I can get excess of 40 ( indicated) MPG so Avg of 1330 per year then that could amount to less than 3-4 tanks of fuel! So I’m with you on ‘Not good’ so far as petrol goes stale and turns nasty in the process ( sticky, slimy & Staines like a varnish)

This, and also if they were following the normal service schedule (which in my opinion is written for ideal operating conditions, ie a healthy chunk of miles) then it's probably only been serviced once a year. The oil will have had moisture seeping into it through condensation, if it wasn't run up to temperature for an extended period there will have been no chance for it to boil it off and so the oil will have been getting sludged up. If the car was sat in one position for a long time that's bad for the suspension. It's just not good for a car to not be driven.

Also at that mileage it could ( if not succumbed to the infamous " front tyres worn on inside edge" advisory- can't check mot history at present) still be wearing the oem rubbers! And now at 13+ years old they could be past their best to say the least. I recall that they were thinking about giving tyres a 'lifespan' until a MOT failure point, say 7 years from manufacture date, not sure if it actually came to fruition.

Another good point. Tyres should probably be changed when they reach six years old.

22 hours ago, Texas said:

paul m.

Note: weirdly it Has got Moonroof but no multimedia package!

I bought mine a couple of years ago after my 2007 one was written off. I bought a 2006 model which had almost 25k on the clock and was immaculate. Had a good look round it having had one before i knew what to look for and could not fault it. The only issue i have with it now, 2 years on is the rear screen elements seem to have "dried up" and are breaking and one stone chip on the front of the bonnet. Not bad it thats all that's wrong with it at almost 15 years old. Mine also has the moonroof (prefer that to the air con) but does not have the multimedia package (what's included in that anyway?)

MM includes ( I might have missed summat!)

DVD playback ( when Park Brake is On)

Maintenance information & Dealer info

Calendar with Memos

Hands Free Phone connectivity 

Voice command for interior equipment 

Air ConControls

Rear View Camera Display

Oh and SatNav!

5 hours ago, Texas said:

Calendar with Memos

Air ConControls

Rear View Camera Display

Oh and SatNav!

And the Mark Levinson Sound System on pre 2011 facelift cars

2 hours ago, F.A. said:

And the Mark Levinson Sound System on pre 2011 facelift cars

8 hours ago, Texas said:

Calendar with Memos

Air ConControls

Rear View Camera Display

Oh and SatNav!

I have all of these "bits" and have done on the current and previous IS i had - both have been SE-L models tho. I have seen cars advertised as SE-L Multimedia editions, is it right to give them that title? Does it state that anywhere in the information that came with the cars such as in the manual etc or are dealers just calling them "Multimedia" as they have all the bits on them?

Just sent you a PM regarding brochures.

Here is a snippet from the brochure of the options that were available.

892FA475-ACEF-4790-A340-80112C763AAA.png