Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

200t Remap Possible in Uk

hey,

I was considering an isf earlier this tear, prices have gone crazy, nearly 30k for 8 year old versions. Plus high running costs, means the overall package is way more than I'm comfortable spending.

I'm tempted to take an is200t fsport out for test drive. Bhp of mid 200's may be more than enough for what I need for a bit of real world fun, whilst having lexus reliability compared to German marques.

That said being a turbo engine, i may be intersted possibility of being able to remap or add tuning box down the line.

I'm not finding much for these upgrades in the UK. Does anyone know if its possible?

Cheers 

Given that it has a conventional auto box rather than a cvt box I would have said that it could be played about with.

Due to the small numbers that were sold in the uk I would have said You may have to do some digging to find a company who can remap your 200t

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Good shout, plenty of detail and examples in there. Assuming cars/engines are same beyond being left hand drive
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nx-models-2015-present/852331-nx200t-tuning-list.html

They should be fundamentally the same, there may be small differences in ecu tuning for fuel quality, altitude and emissions standards but none of that would mean changes in internals

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

you can get an gearbox ecu flash for auto boxes they aren't cheap though

" Upto 40% Faster Gearshifts – enhances the performance of your car and gearbox by increasing torque limits and altering the gearbox TCU settings "

8 hours ago, 200h said:

you can get an gearbox ecu flash for auto boxes they aren't cheap though

" Upto 40% Faster Gearshifts – enhances the performance of your car and gearbox by increasing torque limits and altering the gearbox TCU settings "

thanks, where did you read that? I spent a bit of time on the US Lexus forums and there doesn;t appear to be any mature solution out there, sadly.

Must admit I'm amazed by how poor the real world mpg is with these considering they're just 2ltr, 4 cylinder, turbo charged.

People reporting you'll be lucky to get 30mpg with town driving, more likely around 20mpg. For those kind of mpg's I'd want something that sounded a bit better, like v6 , v8 etc.

scroll to the bottom of the page

https://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/tuning/car/lexus/is-iii/200t-ase30-245ps180kw-1998-ccm/#go

ignore that the web site is diesel tuning they do petrol, diesel & hybrid

the pedal box is brilliant .

i have never used the gearbox flash as my car is cvt and not a true automatic

50 minutes ago, 200h said:

scroll to the bottom of the page

https://www.diesel-performance.co.uk/tuning/car/lexus/is-iii/200t-ase30-245ps180kw-1998-ccm/#go

ignore that the web site is diesel tuning they do petrol, diesel & hybrid

the pedal box is brilliant .

i have never used the gearbox flash as my car is cvt and not a true automatic

cheers mate. do you use something similar for the 300h?

i've used the pedal box on the IS300h and its the best thing ever

the only thing you will wonder is why you didnt do it earlier.

the auto box flash cant be done on the 300h due to it being cvt

On 9/19/2020 at 4:10 PM, B80 said:

thanks, where did you read that? I spent a bit of time on the US Lexus forums and there doesn;t appear to be any mature solution out there, sadly.

Must admit I'm amazed by how poor the real world mpg is with these considering they're just 2ltr, 4 cylinder, turbo charged.

People reporting you'll be lucky to get 30mpg with town driving, more likely around 20mpg. For those kind of mpg's I'd want something that sounded a bit better, like v6 , v8 etc.

I owned an IS200t for two years. MPG around town was early / mid 30's, on a run mid / upper 40's was possible driving like Miss Daisy. It was best driven in sports mode and yes there was no suitable way to map it. It may well be F or bust if you want to keep up with the Germans and have rock solid reliability. I'm currently back on the dark side,in a 340i with the B58 engine (the one they lobbed in the Supra). Sounds decent as well and the B58 is proving reliable in the long run.

Prices are all over the shop at the moment, its not a great time to buy used.