Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Couple of questions please

Hello folks.

I am wondering, is it possible to set the tailgate operation in such a way that the rest of the doors don't unlock when you open it. Or alternatively, because the doors were all locked prior to opening the tailgate, as soon as you close it again, all the doors automatically lock again.  Hope you can make sense of the question😜

Next, is it possible to turn off the noise you get when you accelerate, I'm not much of a fan of that I'm afraid.

Hope you're all enjoying this bit of Indian Summer we are getting, plus of course, staying safe.

• Like 1

I do not believe you can change the locking/unlocking settings, or at least in the way you are describing.

With regards to the 'sound' and assuming you have an f-sport car, you will find a switch to the left of the steering column, at knee level.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10 Plus using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, bluenose1940 said:

Hello folks.

I am wondering, is it possible to set the tailgate operation in such a way that the rest of the doors don't unlock when you open it. Or alternatively, because the doors were all locked prior to opening the tailgate, as soon as you close it again, all the doors automatically lock again.  Hope you can make sense of the question😜

Next, is it possible to turn off the noise you get when you accelerate, I'm not much of a fan of that I'm afraid.

Hope you're all enjoying this bit of Indian Summer we are getting, plus of course, staying safe.

I checked the German manual of my pre-facelift NX. Chapter 9.2 deal with ‘customizable functions’. 
Maybe something can be found there, if your manual is equally numbered.

Concerning the second topic: What noise do you referring too exactly? 

The noise is referred to as Active Noise Control (ASC). It is only available on the F-Sport model.
It produces a computer generated engine noise inside the car via the speakers to enhance the sportiness of the car. The ASC even simulates the gear changes of a traditional auto box and varies in intensity, depending on whether the car is in Eco, Normal, or Sport mode.

It can be fun. For a short while. In the same way as the paddle shifters also available in the F-Sport. You play with them for a bit, but the novelty soon wears off, in my opinion at least.

If this 'noise' is only available on the F Sport DanD, then my noise is obviously not computer generated and is the natural engine noise but, it just doesn't sound like a natural engine acceleration noise to me.  Seems as though I'm going to have to put up with it.

Thank you for your input Don C but unfortunately I don't seem to have the little button that you refer to.  I see that your car is a 2020 jobby whereas mine is on a 64 plate so there would be a number of enhancements on yours.  The button that you mention would be absolutely what I am looking for and would be perfect for when you pop back to the car and need to put something in the boot and then shoot off again. Press the button and the tailgate opens, dump your goodies, press the little button and the whole car locks up, perfick!

Ah, I was thinking that you meant that the 'little button' was to the right of the actual tailgate release catch on the door itself rather than in the cab.  

I have got the button on the remote to open and close it, but not the 'locking' button.

I don't have the one either for the 'pretend sound' which DanD says is only on the F Sport.  I seem to recall that I had it on my IS300h though.  I was able to turn that down. What I don't like about the sound is that, for want of a better description, it sounds like the car is struggling/racing, not too sure that's the most apt description.

9 hours ago, bluenose1940 said:

Ah, I was thinking that you meant that the 'little button' was to the right of the actual tailgate release catch on the door itself rather than in the cab.  

I have got the button on the remote to open and close it, but not the 'locking' button.

I don't have the one either for the 'pretend sound' which DanD says is only on the F Sport.  I seem to recall that I had it on my IS300h though.  I was able to turn that down. What I don't like about the sound is that, for want of a better description, it sounds like the car is struggling/racing, not too sure that's the most apt description.

It sounds like you're referring to the natural sound of the CVT auto! Under load or acceleration, the engine will race at high revs without an associated increase in speed. Is that what you mean?

11 hours ago, Steve Oliver said:

It sounds like you're referring to the natural sound of the CVT auto! Under load or acceleration, the engine will race at high revs without an associated increase in speed. Is that what you mean?

Hi Steve, yes it's the screaming sort of sound that I hear when say putting your foot down to pass someone quickly.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Don C said:

No, the switch for the pretend sound is inside the car.   I did mean next to the release on the boot, I’ll photograph mine over weekend.  

Regarding the remote switch, as far as I know, it only unlocks the hatch and not the rest of the car.  If you use the button on the hatch, it undoes the whole lot. 

I tried to open my hatch with the remote yesterday but it didn't work.  I didn't have time to investigate as I had a lot on.  I will have to have a look today if I can.  I didn't realise that if you use the remote it only unlocks the tailgate, that is better than nothing.

Actually, you do need to unlock the car first. Then you can open the hatch.

Do you not have the manual? It would save you a lot of time.

1 minute ago, DanD said:

Actually, you do need to unlock the car first. Then you can open the hatch.

Do you not have the manual? It would save you a lot of time.

Thanks DanD, not as good as I thought then if you have to unlock the car first.  Yes i do have a manual but my wife has been tidying up...........you know what that means😜

3 hours ago, bluenose1940 said:

Thanks DanD, not as good as I thought then if you have to unlock the car first.  Yes i do have a manual but my wife has been tidying up...........you know what that means😜

Your Manual is available via the Lexus.co.uk website under "owners"

Is it really so bad that the whole car unlocks Geoff?

My 2013 RX has a remote with three buttons - lock, unlock and one that if I 'long press' will open/close the tailgate.

As I'm walking to the car I press the unlock (whole car unlocks) and then long press for the tailgate to start opening and by the time I'm there it's open. Put stuff in the 'boot', press the close button as I start to walk away and then press the lock button, whole car locks again.

Does your's not do that?

And yes, that's just the sound that eCVT systems make. Try not to 'floor it' all in one go and see if that helps.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bluenose1940 said:

I have now found my manual, all 688 pages of it!! Plus the 432 page navigation system manual.

I wonder why they didn't make the remote just open the tailgate without unlocking the rest of the car.

Geoff, either;

They never thought of that,or

Your Lexus Dealer might do it for you,or

They did  think of that but decided not to do it, for good reason,or

Look on page 689 of your Handbook !

Good luck.

1 minute ago, Herbie said:

My 2013 RX has a remote with three buttons - lock, unlock and one that if I 'long press' will open/close the tailgate.

As I'm walking to the car I press the unlock (whole car unlocks) and then long press for the tailgate to start opening and by the time I'm there it's open. Put stuff in the 'boot', press the close button as I start to walk away and then press the lock button, whole car locks again.

Does your's not do that?

And yes, that's just the sound that eCVT systems make. Try not to 'floor it' all in one go and see if that helps.

2 minutes ago, Herbie said:

Does your's not do that?

Herbie, "Flooring it " and driving a Lexus, seems a contradiction in terms to me.

• Haha 1