Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Navigation screen

JPG

Hi

on the navigation screen I’m sure it was showing me the speed limits of the road I’m using,could be wrong but I’d does also say it in the instruction Manuel,

but the setting in the instruction Manuel is not on my navigation screen setting 

any ideas 

Mine seemed to 'lose' the speed limit too. When I was next in for a service they did a reboot, so I gather, and it then reappeared and hasn't since gone again. You can go in to the Nav settings and turn this on or off, which I tried but it didn't sort it for me (prior to the reboot). 

Jon, I have the same car as you and my speed limits do not appear on the Nav screen they appear in the small screen to the right of the speedo. I have them set to warn me when I go three mph over the speed limit. It works quite well.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Moleman said:

Jon, I have the same car as you and my speed limits do not appear on the Nav screen they appear in the small screen to the right of the speedo. I have them set to warn me when I go three mph over the speed limit. It works quite well.

Right,I’ll have a look at that then,but I’m sure I seen them on the screen and the missis says the same,I must be wrong then and I’ve convinced her to think the same 😂

Look further down the page - it says this: *: Without RSA (Road Sign Assist)

If you have the tech pack and the 10" screen you have RSA so it appears in the small screen to the right of the speedo. Confusing I know, but manuals cover many versions of the same car. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This has been discussed across the various different model forums here. It seems if you have RSA then you don't get speed limits showing on the nav system. I assume it is because RSA should be more accurate as it will detect temporary speed restrictions etc. but we all know the system is far from foolproof.

Most people would prefer to have both, or at least the option for both, however Lexus don't give us that option and more annoyingly Toyota vehicles do, which essentially use the same system 😞 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

This has been discussed across the various different model forums here. It seems if you have RSA then you don't get speed limits showing on the nav system. I assume it is because RSA should be more accurate as it will detect temporary speed restrictions etc. but we all know the system is far from foolproof.

Most people would prefer to have both, or at least the option for both, however Lexus don't give us that option and more annoyingly Toyota vehicles do, which essentially use the same system 😞 

I'm pretty sure mine (2018 with smaller screen) still shows on the nav. Probably more accurate too even counting for changes since the map was produced, the RSA is rubbish. It either stops reading signs during the journey (usually after coming off a motorway so it sticks saying 70) or it reads random numbers and has no logic to disregard something clearly wrong like 120 when the odometer is set to miles. I hope self driving cars will have a better system or things could get interesting!

20 minutes ago, JPG said:

So is it because I’ve got the bigger screen?

if it is it’s a strange one as I can’t see what difference it would have made

The manual seems to suggest so. The bigger screen also comes with a different nav package (premium vs standard) I think. The F Sport seemed to gain the bigger screen by default around 2019.