Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all,

So during my search for a 2006-11GS450h I've come across a 'Sport' trim. I've not seen this before and can't find any definitive description of what options it comes with?

Not sure, but I think I read somewhere that they come with the ASSS Active Stabiliser system?

Or is this just a case where they name the entry level 'Sport' and in fact it comes below SE and SE-L in terms of specs?

This post may be helpful regarding the different trim levels for the GS450h: 

The GS450h Sport models were equipped with APSSS and factory bodykit, but lacked sunroof and radar cruise control. May have come standard with rear privacy glass as all the ones I've seen seem to have been tinted, but other may confirm this.

Rare trim level within the already sparse GS450h.

• Like 2

There were four trim levels of the 450h when launched. Base, SE, Sport and SEL. All 450h models from '06 to '08 had a boot lip spoiler. Dropped from Base and SE after '08 facelift. '06 to '08 450h SEL fitted with radar cruise and sunroof as standard. After '08 became an option. Sunroof was an option on SE but not Sport. SE, SEL and Sport have ML sound system as standard. Cooled seats option dropped from SE after '08 facelift. Optional part wood steering wheel and gear knob available on '06 to '08 SEL now standard after '08 facelift. You can tell an '08 facelift model from the visible changes, namely the side indicators were moved to the wing mirrors from the front wings, a slightly different grille and the lower rear bumper panels are body coloured. Prior to this they were black. There was a further facelift for the 2010 model year with the differences mainly being, externally, redesigned 18" alloys on SEL and 17" alloys fitted to SE, although the 18" was an option. Front and rear parking sensors removed from SE but but were fitted if the optional 18" wheels were fitted.  Also a new front grille. Inside the infotainment system was updated with DAB introduced and the tape player removed but the ML sound system was no longer standard on SE. Wood trim steering wheel and gear knob no longer available on SEL. I believe with this final facelift Base and Sport trim levels were also discontinued.

The following may be of help. They are pages from the 2008 brochure.

2.thumb.jpg.f26c1fb284da7b8761cf9da82a87276c.jpg.f4d56035cbf33540e3814dcfef81cdd2.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.876277ef8d2308016960d70065132a66.jpg.0271094db67027ca50536e3ee2ee0127.jpg

• Like 4

• 5 months later...
On 9/20/2020 at 11:33 AM, Chris111 said:

There were four trim levels of the 450h when launched. Base, SE, Sport and SEL. All 450h models from '06 to '08 had a boot lip spoiler. Dropped from Base and SE after '08 facelift. '06 to '08 450h SEL fitted with radar cruise and sunroof as standard. After '08 became an option. Sunroof was an option on SE but not Sport. SE, SEL and Sport have ML sound system as standard. Cooled seats option dropped from SE after '08 facelift. Optional part wood steering wheel and gear knob available on '06 to '08 SEL now standard after '08 facelift. You can tell an '08 facelift model from the visible changes, namely the side indicators were moved to the wing mirrors from the front wings, a slightly different grille and the lower rear bumper panels are body coloured. Prior to this they were black. There was a further facelift for the 2010 model year with the differences mainly being, externally, redesigned 18" alloys on SEL and 17" alloys fitted to SE, although the 18" was an option. Front and rear parking sensors removed from SE but but were fitted if the optional 18" wheels were fitted.  Also a new front grille. Inside the infotainment system was updated with DAB introduced and the tape player removed but the ML sound system was no longer standard on SE. Wood trim steering wheel and gear knob no longer available on SEL. I believe with this final facelift Base and Sport trim levels were also discontinued.

2.thumb.jpg.f26c1fb284da7b8761cf9da82a87276c.jpg.f4d56035cbf33540e3814dcfef81cdd2.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.876277ef8d2308016960d70065132a66.jpg.0271094db67027ca50536e3ee2ee0127.jpg

Thank you very much Chris for such useful explanation. I did not know all these differences before reading your explanation. 

Thats interesting, mine has no badging on it other than the normal GS450h, but according to that spec sheet,
its either a SE-L or a sport.

No idea what the trim looks like so not sure if its fitted or not.

Guessing it a SE-L but never had a smart key card so probably only in later versions.

'06 to '08 450h SEL fitted with radar cruise and sunroof as standard.

So my 07 has ventilated seats (so SEL or Sport) but no sunroof or adaptive cruise control.
You sure about this?

Might be a Sport I guess as I've got no wood in the steering wheel at all. I think a tiny bit on the top
of the gear-stick is all.

Steven if you look at all the stickers in the B post (door jalm) on both sides it may state which model as mine does on the passenger side. Not the main VIN sticker but a small separate one.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sherra said:

Steven if you look at all the stickers in the B post (door jalm) on both sides it may state which model as mine does on the passenger side. Not the main VIN sticker but a small separate one.

Thanks, but I just popped out and had a look and it doesn't.

I can see the registration form says SE-A which doesn't seem to be a thing.....

Ah ha, found it via the Lexus tech website.

Its got the stabiliser fitted, so it must be a sport which is the only one that does.

Guess the Vicar who had it before me de-badged it as he thought Sport might be a little flashy.
Where the badge would be he replaced with a (new removed) Jesus fish sticker 😉 

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies. I have re-read what I have written and see that I have made two errors. At launch there were three trims levels not four as I stated, namely the Base, SE and SEL. The Sport trim level was introduced with the '08 facelift. Also at launch the Base trim model didn't have a boot lip spoiler. The link below is from the Lexus media site which is the press release for the launch of the GS 450h in 2006 which some may find interesting.

https://media.lexus.co.uk/2006/05/the-new-lexus-gs-450h/

On 3/6/2021 at 4:26 AM, Steven Lockey said:

So my 07 has ventilated seats (so SEL or Sport) but no sunroof or adaptive cruise control.
You sure about this?

Might be a Sport I guess as I've got no wood in the steering wheel at all. I think a tiny bit on the top
of the gear-stick is all.

It looks like you have SE trim Steven. As I said '06 to '08 SE had cooled seats but this was dropped form the '08 facelift. On '06 to '08 SE the sunroof was an optional extra. A sunroof was standard on the '06 to '08 SEL as was adaptive cruise control, becoming a (I believe circa £4000.00) joint optional extra on the '08 facelift SEL. Adaptive cruise was not available on any other trim level other than SEL throughout the S3 models production. The part wood steering wheel and gear knob was a no cost option on the '06 to '08 SEL but became standard on the '08 facelift, again only available on this trim level. I had an '06 SEL that didn't have this option. 

On 3/6/2021 at 4:22 AM, Steven Lockey said:

Thats interesting, mine has no badging on it other than the normal GS450h, but according to that spec sheet,
its either a SE-L or a sport.

As I stated the brochure is for the '08 facelift cars so they will differ to the original '06 to '08 cars. At launch the SE trim was very well equipped but over the course of the two facelifts in '08 an '10 some equipment that had been standard in '06 either became an optional extra or was deleted. For example, the '10 facelift SE had 17" not 18" wheels (option), no ML (option) and no parking sensors (option). All of these were standard on the '06 SE cars.

On 3/6/2021 at 11:48 AM, Steven Lockey said:

Guess the Vicar who had it before me de-badged it as he thought Sport might be a little flashy.

No S3 GS 450h had any exterior badging that designated their trim level so the Vicar didn't de-badge it!😁

3 hours ago, Chris111 said:

Apologies. I have re-read what I have written and see that I have made two errors. At launch there were three trims levels not four as I stated, namely the Base, SE and SEL. The Sport trim level was introduced with the '08 facelift. Also at launch the Base trim model didn't have a boot lip spoiler. The link below is from the Lexus media site which is the press release for the launch of the GS 450h in 2006 which some may find interesting.

https://media.lexus.co.uk/2006/05/the-new-lexus-gs-450h/

It looks like you have SE trim Steven. As I said '06 to '08 SE had cooled seats but this was dropped form the '08 facelift. On '06 to '08 SE the sunroof was an optional extra. A sunroof was standard on the '06 to '08 SEL as was adaptive cruise control, becoming a (I believe circa £4000.00) joint optional extra on the '08 facelift SEL. Adaptive cruise was not available on any other trim level other than SEL throughout the S3 models production. The part wood steering wheel and gear knob was a no cost option on the '06 to '08 SEL but became standard on the '08 facelift, again only available on this trim level. I had an '06 SEL that didn't have this option. 

As I stated the brochure is for the '08 facelift cars so they will differ to the original '06 to '08 cars. At launch the SE trim was very well equipped but over the course of the two facelifts in '08 an '10 some equipment that had been standard in '06 either became an optional extra or was deleted. For example, the '10 facelift SE had 17" not 18" wheels (option), no ML (option) and no parking sensors (option). All of these were standard on the '06 SE cars.

No S3 GS 450h had any exterior badging that designated their trim level so the Vicar didn't de-badge it!😁

All the badges are removed including the GS450h one. Found a post with him trying to claim it was much cheaper than it was 🙂

He also had it wrapped a much more sedate colour than the bright red it was.

Figure you are probably right and its a SE, figured it was a Sport as the lexus tech website when I input my VIN says it has the full stabilisation system which I thought only the sport had. It might actually be an 08 model, it was registered in 08 but 07 models often are. It doesn't have the indicators in the door mirrors so I figure it must be pre-face lift.