Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Keyless entry Very slow at unlocking?

Hi

I have just purchased a RC to replace my IS. One thing I have picked up on already, is that when I touch the back of the door handle to unlock the car, it takes About 4 or 5 seconds before anything happens. On my old IS, as soon as I touched the door handle it would instantly unlock. Any ideas? Can I reprogram it? Any thoughts. Is it right?

Thanks.

I only picked the car up from Lexus this Saturday pm. Of course when we picked it up it was unlocked. Phoned the dealer this morning and they tell me both key fob batteries were changed pre delivery and had no idea why it is so slow...

Hi,

Good point. I have tried it with the car a number of locations over the couple of days and it is the same.

I forgot to say that even if I use the unlock button on the fob, it still takes the same amount of time!

21 hours ago, ansar said:

Hi

I have just purchased a RC to replace my IS. One thing I have picked up on already, is that when I touch the back of the door handle to unlock the car, it takes About 4 or 5 seconds before anything happens. On my old IS, as soon as I touched the door handle it would instantly unlock. Any ideas? Can I reprogram it? Any thoughts. Is it right?

Thanks.

I don't think it's right.

I'd be asking the dealer to rectify it... sooner than later. 

A quick question. Should the alarm chirp once/ twice when locking and unlocking? My car does not. I didn’t get to the dealer today, so will be going over on Friday morning.  

• 4 months later...

11 hours ago, cal78 said:

Hello,So what was the end of the story? I have the same issue on a IS. Delay when unlock ( keyless ..) but only when i unlock. To lock it s directly worked

Is it only after you haven't used the vehicle for several days? It slows down to save Battery after 5 days.

Otherwise make sure the inside of the door handle is clean, and check/replace the Battery in your key fob and check/replace your 12v Battery in the vehicle.

I should have said that this issue was as the dealership delivered the car to me. Due to Covid it was a strange hand over and of course the car was unlocked when I received it, and I didn’t think to check, or even expect to have to check that it was working, after all it was meant to have had a pre delivery inspection.

"pre-delivery inspection" is a joke.

I was just wondering if you have considered that window has to roll down slightly before you open the door. It is not 5s, but there is like 1s delay compared to IS. I have noticed it on mine, but that is exactly the reason, you unlock the car and there is slight delay before you can open the door (all cars with frameless windows have it).

Probably, not the problem either you or cal has, but just a shout-out as I cannot see that mentioned anywhere above.

3 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

Is it only after you haven't used the vehicle for several days? It slows down to save battery after 5 days.

Otherwise make sure the inside of the door handle is clean, and check/replace the battery in your key fob and check/replace your 12v battery in the vehicle.

The only thing that new it was that I puted an Android screen, and i putted Battery of car on charge. Plus Battery of keyless( both ) are news. And also so strange that it working perfectly for closed it. And if I go directly by door trunk it s open all car directly. Only  keyless and plip( key bip) are with delay for open doors.

• 4 weeks later...

i talked with an other french guy.

he has the same problem with also an android screen.

nothing was find by his dealer but they only check on the official menu lexus interface.

We will see what happen if we disconnected the android screen.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Same issue, also with new Android screen, can't be just a coincidence 🤦🤦🤦

Any solutions that doesn't require taking the android unit out?

Right, I fixed it.

I noticed that on all YouTube videos, people only have 2 connectors coming off their screens and mine had 3...

So I went back to look at it and found out my car has a Double Lock module that was attached to the original screen. After removing it and connecting it back, the issue is now gone! Hope this helps someone in the future.

PXL_20230304_122141518.MP.jpg

PXL_20230304_122153755~2.jpg

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 3/4/2023 at 2:00 PM, BaHa said:

Right, I fixed it.

I noticed that on all YouTube videos, people only have 2 connectors coming off their screens and mine had 3...

So I went back to look at it and found out my car has a Double Lock module that was attached to the original screen. After removing it and connecting it back, the issue is now gone! Hope this helps someone in the future.

PXL_20230304_122141518.MP.jpg

PXL_20230304_122153755~2.jpg

Hey good news.

But did you connected to the android screen or just tested with the old screen?

Thx

8 hours ago, cal78 said:

Hey good news.

But did you connected to the android screen or just tested with the old screen?

Thx

Hey

It is a separate module, it just happens to be attached to the original screen.

But it can be removed from the old screen by one bolt, then you can reconnect it behind the new one.

Note that the new screen doesn't have the mounting space for the module, so you'll have to secure it somewhere else behind the screen, but it works perfectly fine 👍

Hope this helps.