Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Need some hybrid help

I had to take the inverter out to change the stat on my RX400 and it is showing a check hybrid and check VSC warning

Today I got techstream working and pulled out the attached but could do with a bit of guidance if anyone is able

1.png

2.png

3.png

Looking at it logically, if it was working correctly before you started work then it can only be something that you've done, something you've disturbed, something you've forgotten or something that's been reinstalled incorrectly.

Go back and pull all connectors off and then reseat them again to make sure they're tight and good. Did you have to drain the inverter coolant? If so, has the right quantity gone back in? Hoses tight? Connector to inverter coolant pump ok? Coolant circulating in correct direction (I don't know if it's directional or not but if two hoses have been taken off then they may have been switched when put back on?).

Service plug reinstated correctly?

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply and I agree, it was working correctly before so something has been disturbed, just need to figure out what!

The connectors are bolted in and I've gone over everything on the outside several times, next step is to reopen the inverter if I can't progress with the data above

Yes I drained the coolant and refilled with the correct amount but I can't tell about circulation because it doesn't get that far

The service plug has been inserted and locked down a few times so that's good

• Like 1

When you disconnected various things from the inverter did you tape the ends up or could something have shorted?

Trapped wire anywhere?

The DTCs should have a sub-code with them, like P0A09-265, which indicates an open or GND short circuit in NODD circuit of DC/DC converter.

A list of codes can be found here

You'll see below that the most likely cause of one of the codes you have is the wire harness or connector, so again, just look for proper connections, trapped wires and so on. Check that none of the individual conductors have come loose or broken from the connectors.

P2520-782 A/C Request "A" Circuit Low Open or GND short in A/C blower motor operation inhibition request (IDH) signal circuit 1. Wire harness or connector
2. w/ converter inverter assembly (MG ECU)

I powered everything down 24 hours before working on it and checked for Voltage, nothing anywhere before I started.

I have visually checked for a trapped wire and no sign but if I can work back from the fault codes to a suspect it would help of course. I was hoping someone could interpret them better than me

I'll try and get the sub codes and thanks for that link, that may help

• Like 2

All sorted guys, I have found the offending connector - thankfully it was someone else's ***** up but it's in the inverter and I've just had it all up and running again. Thanks for those who chipped in, no big bills after all

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JSeaman said:

All sorted guys, I have found the offending connector - thankfully it was someone else's ***** up but it's in the inverter and I've just had it all up and running again. Thanks for those who chipped in, no big bills after all

Excellent result, well done.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, JSeaman said:

All sorted guys, I have found the offending connector - thankfully it was someone else's ***** up but it's in the inverter

Glad it is sorted.  Although the pain and trauma may leave you scarred for life, the feeling of solving the problem is like nothing else!

Interested to know more about what the cause of the problem was.  Was it your helper, or something to do with a previous repair?