Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Talk to Lexus

PaulWhitt20

I got an email this week asking me if I wanted to join Talk to Lexus. “A select group of Lexus owners who share opinions, ideas, and help shape the Lexus experience. As a member, you’ll play a key role in developing our services and products, have your views heard and influence major decisions.”

“You’ll be asked to take part in online activities such as short surveys and discussion forums. Participation is free and voluntary.”

It sounded interesting so I signed up. After going through the usual data mining questions on who you are, how old, what you main car is etc. Selected a password (why do they never tell you the password requirements until you have failed to pick a strong enough password?).

Then when I try and log in, it doesn’t recognise my password and I can’t log in.

Usual Lexus, great cars poor technology.

Anyone else managed to join? Or is it a clever marketing ploy to get some data to sell on.

Thanks

Paul

Thanks

Paul

I receive these emails on a fairly regular basis and I do respond by taking part in online surveys, some are very brief, some go on for many pages!

I declined the discussion forum aspect

That all said I don't recall having to create an account and password, although I do have a Lexus Link/My Lexus account, maybe that's why?

• 2 years later...

I was just "invited" to join the talk to lexus "programme".

For a brief moment I thought this might be in response to the comments on the forum about Lexus failing to engage with customers about the problems with the new NX.

I now see the talk to lexus programme has been around a while. The latest survey on the site is from over 4 years ago - perhaps they really have given up talking to customers!

I am generally tempted to take part in such surveys, not from any belief in their practical value, but because I feel it would be curmudgeonly of me not to keep market researchers in work.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

And I received an Invitation too.

So not that ‘Select’ then!

What surprised me about the profiling is that it didn’t appear to be compulsory to actually own a Lexus.  I was tempted to see if my opinion would still be so eagerly sought if I only admitted to a Reliant Robin?

Reminded me of Groucho Mark’s observation that he ‘wouldn’t want to join a Club that had me as a Member.’

Still, I look forward to being offered a free Lexus to test….any day now, I expect.

• Haha 2

I had a similar invitation yesterday, which proves beyond any reasonable doubt that the 'Select' group is a desperately wide net, (one may even debate their use of the word 'select' 😬)

I've declined to join, basically because although I'm 'time rich and wherewith-all poor', I am already disillusioned with the general quality of the Lexus communication skills (that I've experienced to date) so now I steadfastly refuse to further enhance my frustration.

Besides, the world recognises me as a square peg in a round hole, so my opinions will unlikely ever be what Lexus would like to receive.

Ah!   I feel a little better now! 😉

Slightly OT, but I recently got a mail from the LOC which, if I understood it right, asked me if the replies I received to a query resolved my issue and if I wished to inform the senders accordingly.  This put me in mind of amazon asking you to rate a product and/or seller, although the LOC to its credit also asked if I wanted to continue receiving this message with regard to future queries.  Which I didn’t.  Thinking about it, I concluded that the act of starting a new topic and ending the title with a question-mark must automatically qualify it as a query requiring an answer that may or may not satisfactorily provide a solution to a problem.  Which, I suppose, is not an an illogical assumption for men and algorithms to make.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links