Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Airbag warning symbol

I have noticed that when I turn the ignition on the “Passenger Air Bag “ symbol illuminates and then after a couple of seconds goes off only to come back immediately with just the  air bag “on” symbol illuminated and not the airbag “off”. Is this standard and it is just telling me the passenger airbag system is on and working? Or should it not be illuminated at all?

20 minutes ago, westo3 said:

I have noticed that when I turn the ignition on the “Passenger Air Bag “ symbol illuminates and then after a couple of seconds goes off only to come back immediately with just the  air bag “on” symbol illuminated and not the airbag “off”. Is this standard and it is just telling me the passenger airbag system is on and working? Or should it not be illuminated at all?

Read your Handbook Nick...it just might explain all.

1 hour ago, westo3 said:

Probably is intended to be a visible warning that the passenger airbag is enabled and thus you shouldn't put a small child in the passenger seat. Some cars have a switch that lets you turn it off in case you need to carry a small child in the front (although you still shouldn't really if you can avoid it).

Cheers Mark that sounds logical.  On further investigation I have found the switch. I tend to panic when I see things lit up but not being very observant it has probably been lit up all the time!

38 minutes ago, m4rkw said:

Probably is intended to be a visible warning that the passenger airbag is enabled and thus you shouldn't put a small child in the passenger seat. Some cars have a switch that lets you turn it off in case you need to carry a small child in the front (although you still shouldn't really if you can avoid it).

Which is what it says in the Handbook Mark !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13 minutes ago, matt8 said:

Boy, you love the handbook!

Thanks Matt.

It`a bit like, for example;

The Bible

The Highway Code

The Encyclopedia Britannica

and now Google.

They are all sources of knowledge and good, sound and worthwhile information.

We ignore them at our peril.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Thanks Matt.

It`a bit like, for example;

The Bible

The Highway Code

The Encyclopedia Britannica

and now Google.

They are all sources of knowledge and good, sound and worthwhile information.

We ignore them at our peril.

... and wife.