Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Miracast functionality

1 hour ago, TheHealthyEconomist said:

Hi All,

Have literally just bought an NX300H today (2018) and the Lexus dealer said they are a month away from being able to install Android Auto. Does Miracast provide the same functionality?

Thanks!

It's a different thing really. It will let you display the phone screen on the vehicle's screen but you perform all the operations on the phone. Android Auto gives you a display that is more suited to a vehicle which you operate from the vehicle's controls.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheHealthyEconomist said:

Hi All,

Have literally just bought an NX300H today (2018) and the Lexus dealer said they are a month away from being able to install Android Auto. Does Miracast provide the same functionality?

Thanks!

No, not the same thing at all. It literally allows screen mirroring but even that doesn't allow some things to display while in motion, even sat Nov!  Miracast is a bit of a pain to use in honesty. Android Auto is much much better.

• Thanks 1

I have a GS300h and I can tell it to phone home, for example, via the steering controls. I never use the mobile phone which stays in the car. The only thing I have to do directly with the phone is add new numbers. Have Lexus gone backwards?

8 hours ago, Kingell said:

Have Lexus gone backwards?

No. I don't believe your GS can display Google Maps or Waze sat nav, or control Spotify or has voice recognition as capable as Google to change the navigation route, reply to text messages etc. All possible if you have Android Auto.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links