Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

There should be a way to move the arms so they can be lifted from the screen, but I don’t know the procedure on the GS. 
For the RX, switch off the engine and then hold the wiper control up in the single wipe position until the arms move up the screen. This has to be done within a few seconds of the ign being switched off. Someone will be along soon to let you know the procedure.

Well I'll go t'foot of our stairs!

I had no idea that there was a 'winter and summer' position - I wonder if it's the same for the RX? I'll investigate later by reading my manual :wink1: Thanks for that video John.

In case that doesn't work for the OP, I've always just turned on the wipers and then turned off the ignition with the wipers in mid-sweep.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, 200h said:

is there an easy way to change the wiper blades on a 66 plate GS

Get the dealer to do it!

I normally have them  changed at service time and my dealership has always done it FOC and has done so out of service also, obviously I buy the blades from them but they are not expensive. Last time I even got 50% off the purchase price!

Ah, a well educated man! Boy, are we glad to have you around Peter. Join the debate!
Did not mean to be rude in any way with my question about manuals [emoji16] It was more of a modern day observation. To be fair the number of pages of manuals is getting ridiculous nowadays, that puts some people off for sure.

35 minutes ago, Pidu said:

Did not mean to be rude in any way with my question about manuals emoji16.png It was more of a modern day observation. To be fair the number of pages of manuals is getting ridiculous nowadays, that puts some people off for sure.

Never took it as being rude at all Peter. There are those that ignore the Manual/Handbook and expect to be spoonfed!

• Like 1

in 35yrs of driving i have never come across a set of wipers with 2 park positions

i've been to the car and tried it and your correct it does move.

many thanks

john williams the wizard.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 9/27/2020 at 8:39 AM, 200h said:

is there an easy way to change the wiper blades on a 66 plate GS

when i lift the arm it hits the bonnet even with the bonnet open its not much better

any advice would be great

thanks

they are in summer mode, lift both wipers upwards till they click then they are in winter mode and will clear your bonnet 

On 9/28/2020 at 6:25 PM, Ompa said:

This is apparently also true on the 3rd Gen GS (which I discovered after struggling with changing mine). Here's a photo from the manual:

EiTyMFh.png

The procedure is automated in the RX (2020) -

Raising the wipers to the service 
position

Within approximately 40 seconds of 
turning the power switch off, move the 
wiper lever to the ^ position and 
hold it for approximately 2 seconds or 
more.
The wipers will move to the service position.

• 2 weeks later...

Double Lexus boy,

my first car us a Lexus GS300h.myear 2013, bought in London shipped to Trinidad and Tobago,   No problem changing wiper blades.  I buy them from a parts place and the guy simply lift them and  changes them, he just lift and change.

My problem is with my Lexus GS 300. Gas, year 2005.

the Battery in the key fob runs down very quickly.

dies tgat in both of the fobs.   I changed vatterues acfew times ,

still ran down so I say  it is  the fob which us faulty,

where and Hiw can I get a replacement ?

I am in Trinidad and Tobago.